Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   After unprotected sex - brown period? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=143328)

• Oct 21, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Nicgurlurl
    After unprotected sex - brown period?
    I am 16.
    I had unprotected sex and at first we were using a condom but then I had to go home so he took it off. But he kept putting it in for 5 minutes after.

5 days later I woke up and I have this dark brown liquid in my underwear. It doesn't smell like a normal period and I have been regular for the past 3 years.
    I've never been on the pill.
    What is going on?
    I am really afraid I could be pregnant and if I am, I don't even know what to do.
    HELP PLEASE :[
  • Oct 21, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Keatts16
    If you have unprotected sex you could be pregnant. BUT it doesn't nessisarily mean you are. Teen girls (I know because I asked this same question a couple months ago) sometimes get brownish discharges prior to their normal period. However, if you are worried, see a doctor. Your future is to important to mess up by endangering your health because you are scared.
  • Nov 7, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Emily94
    If you think your pregnant, take a test, if you are, think:
    Do I want it?(keeping it)
    Do I want it to die?(abortion)
    Do I want it to be adopted?(adoption)
  • Jan 2, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Kimmy69
    Do I want it to die?? Do not listen to bible bashers, abortion is an normal acceptable decision... if it wasn't why on earth would doctors do it?
  • Jan 2, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Kimmy69
    A brown discharge/or/period can mean pregnancy, but do not take a test until your next period or it'll come out negative either way... I know its totally hard to wait... but worth it and you don't waist money on tests :) and if you are then I am sure you'll make the right choice, and let me tell you abortion isn't 'bad' 'killing your baby' as you are not allowed to abort if the cell has a beating heart, and it is a CELL at the beginning. It is not a baby until it has a body form hear beat and feelings. X
  • Jan 2, 2011, 04:31 PM
    DoulaLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmy69 View Post
    a brown discharge/or/period can mean pregnancy, but do not take a test untill your next period or it'll come out neg either way... i know its totally hard to wait...but worth it and you dont waist money on tests :) and if you are then i am sure you'll make the right choice, and let me tell you abortion isnt 'bad' 'killing your baby' as you are not allowed to abort if the cell has a beating heart, and it is a CELL at the begining. It is not a baby untill it has a body form hear beat and feelings. x

Kimmy... be sure to check the dates of posts you respond to. This one was from 2007. Just a bit of correction to your post: abortion can, and does, occur after a heart is beating, which can sometimes be picked up on an ultrasound as early as 5-6 weeks, but beats even before that time. In the beginning stages of development, cells are rapidly dividing and after just a few weeks, there are many, many cells. As an example, by just a few weeks, arms, legs, heart, backbone, etc. are developing.
    Often times a woman doesn't even know she is pregnant yet at this stage.

When the "baby" becomes a "baby" depends on who you ask. A woman who chooses abortion early may find it an easier decision to make if she views the pregnancy as a mass of cells in the early weeks. A woman who has been trying to become pregnant and then loses the pregnancy in an early miscarriage, will often grieve the loss of her "baby".