Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Criminal Law (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=407)
-   -   Pot pipe (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=731134)

• Jan 29, 2013, 02:26 PM
    qtpibrina
    Pot pipe
    OK fiancé got arrest cause of a noise complaint... welll when the cops showed up through the window he sees a pot pipe.. was arrested... bailed out paid 100% cash we had just sold the house cause we were moving well we are here now actually the very next day three states away of course he didn't go to court could not afford to fly to Florida after buying house . Fta warrant was issued ? What do we do?
  • Jan 29, 2013, 02:29 PM
    excon
    Hello q:

What do you do? Go back. What? You think this is going to go away?? It AIN'T.

excon
  • Jan 29, 2013, 04:26 PM
    marq123
    If I were you I would have called them to see if you could attend court via phone but now you should call the court and see if they have any suggestions...
  • Jan 29, 2013, 04:53 PM
    excon
    Hello m:

Welcome to this board... We need all the help we can get..

But, your advice NEEDS to be accurate. We're dealing with peoples lives here. The court won't give legal advice, and if they did, I wouldn't follow it..

excon
  • Jan 29, 2013, 05:27 PM
    marq123
    Okay well if that doesn't work then get some legal advice from a lawyer... most lawyers will give a free half hour
  • Jan 29, 2013, 05:29 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    The court does not give suggestions in criminal cases, that is why people hire lawyers.

But the warrant will remain for the rest of his life, till he is caught, he will not get jobs, can't renew drivers license and more.

And of course he does not move off till it is over what was he thinking ( or not thinking)
    He goes back, turns his self in, ( he has now lost all of the bail money that would have been returned or applied to fine) so now he goes back, most likely serves short time in jail and pays a large fine.
    But guess what, now on probation most likely and will have to say there till it is arranged for it to be moved to new state
  • Jan 29, 2013, 06:59 PM
    excon
    Hello again, m:

There you go. That's GOOD advice.

excon
  • Jan 29, 2013, 08:45 PM
    AK lawyer
    Contact an attorney in the Florida county where the warrant was issued. See if he or she can work out some sort of a deal for you.
  • Feb 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
    twinkiedooter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by marq123 View Post
    Okay well if that doesn't work then get some legal advice from a lawyer... most lawyers will give a free half hour

Not criminal attorneys... sorry... only personal injury attorneys give FREE advice.
  • Feb 1, 2013, 03:34 PM
    marq123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Not criminal attorneys.....sorry....only personal injury attorneys give FREE advice.

I disagree with you, I understand that all states are different however for example in a state like Washington, there are at least 36 different areas of law where lawyers offer a free 1/2 hour consultation. All states are different and depending on income the bar association for that state or county will give you a referral. Depending on income they sometimes charge a low fee for the referral but then again that depends on what state you are in.