Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   80's Cartoon Movie Title (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=38320)

• Oct 21, 2006, 04:33 PM
    RedStephany
    80's Cartoon Movie Title
    Hello,

I have asked all of my friends and even my brother about this movie. The only thing I can remember is that the main character may be a mouse (?? ) and is with his mother and they come to a stream or muddy area and he sees a can of either dog food or something with a tomato on it and sees like a picture of a picture of a picture, kind of like when you put a few mirrors together so you see the same image over and over again. My brother remembers something about ice and penguins, but is stuck on the title like I am. I used to watch it when I stayed home sick from school - like when I was 8-10, I'm 26 now so it would be an 80's animated movie. It was not a series, and I will go through all of my VHS tapes tomorrow trying to find this cartoon. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just a scene you remember, it may help. Thanks to all! :)

RedStephany
  • Mar 23, 2007, 10:14 PM
    averybojangles
    Is it the Secret of the Nymh?
  • Mar 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
    RedStephany
    :D I have a friend who found it out for me. She was at the library one day and flipping through children's books and found my memory of the dogfood label. To a tee!

The movie is called "The Mouse and His Child" about a toy mouse and his son who are wound at the father's back like a music box and they dance in a circle. Something happens and they end up being thrown out in the trash and begin a quest to become "self-winding". It's a great story with no real one bad guy or good guy, but with good morals and none of the syrup-sweet disney messages that most movies have today. I would recommend it for anyone interested in a great story. Check out imdb's take here: The Mouse and His Child (1977) Thanks for all who wracked they're brains with me!
  • Mar 25, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Youngbull
    "The other one is all cartoon with mice, at one point it has a female mouse standing in front of an emty can of dog food ith a very creepy dog on the cover. It then does the mirror room thing with hundreds of the same can getting smaller and smaller in the background overlapping eachother. Thats all i can remember

these have been driving me insane can't anyone remeber these?

i know the one with the mice was a lot like the rescuers in the way they were drawn"
    I have been putting up things for this movie for months
    THANK GOD!!
    Now anychance anyone can remember one with a little girl going to the aqarium? I had both of these movie open in the same quiestion for me
  • Sep 7, 2009, 04:54 PM
    MiPeanutbutter
    I think the one with the girls going to the Aquarium is the Waterbabies. But I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who remembered this movie! My husband thought I was crazy! Love this website I confused to movies in one but I found them both.