Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Appliances (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Admiral washing machine (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=174826)

• Jan 21, 2008, 09:13 AM
    kennith_morden
    Admiral washing machine
    My admiral washer model #LNC6741A71 will fill with water then won't agitate then it will pump water out and will not spin.
    Motor is running OK can someone tell me how to fix this?
    Kennith
  • Jan 21, 2008, 09:34 AM
    RickJ
    - Moderator Note: Moved to Appliances board -
  • Jan 21, 2008, 09:54 AM
    esquire1
    Don't see Admiral in my areaBut sounds like a belt is worn or broke. If you don't have a belt for this unit it may be dircet drive. If it is check the coupler. Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you opwn unit up and describe if it is belt driven or direct drive, I can help further
  • Jan 23, 2008, 07:53 PM
    kennith_morden
    Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire1
    Don't see Admiral in my areaBut sounds like a belt is worn or broke. If you don't have a belt for this unit it may be dircet drive. If it is check the coupler. Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you opwn unit up and describe if it is belt driven or direct drive, I can help futher

It has a belt and the motor and belt work fine.
  • Jan 23, 2008, 08:02 PM
    esquire1
    Check the transmission. Is it locked up? Or will it turn freely by hand?
  • Jan 23, 2008, 08:41 PM
    kennith_morden
    Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire1
    Check the transmission. Is it locked up? Or will it turn freely by hand?

It will turn a little bit by hand real hard when i turn it on it will move a little and stop.
    Do you think it has a gear i can replace or will i have to take the whole tranny out and replace it.
    How do i take the tranny apart.
  • Jan 23, 2008, 08:43 PM
    kennith_morden
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kennith_morden
    IT WILL TURN A LITTLE BIT BY HAND REAL HARD WHEN I TURN IT ON IT WILL MOVE A LITTLE AND STOP.
    DO YOU THINK IT HAS A GEAR I CAN REPLACE OR WILL I HAVE TO TAKE THE WHOLE TRANNY OUT AND REPLACE IT.
    HOW DO I TAKE THE TRANNY APART.

Do you have a link i can go to to see how it comes apart
    Admiral model #lnc6741a71
  • Jan 23, 2008, 11:35 PM
    esquire1
    I think I can find a diagram. Will check on this for you. Tranny should move in both directions fairly easily by hand. Trannys these days are almost all replaceable,not rebuildable
  • Jan 23, 2008, 11:55 PM
    cgregory67
    Between motor and transmission are 2 coupler plastic gears that mesh with 3 prongs each. These are designed to break if your transmission locks preventing the motor from burning up. Tilt your machine on its side and you will see them between motor and tranny and probably a few plastic pieces on the floor. They are not hard to change and cost very little.

Make sure your transmission is free though before you do this, they most likely cause is someone overloading the machine and over the years the gears become brittle and break.

Hope this helps