Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Internet & the Web (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Underlined Misspelt Words (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=246253)

• Aug 7, 2008, 12:25 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Underlined Misspelt Words
    I once received an underline that was red for misspelt words, no longer. How do I get this back?
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:29 AM
    Curlyben
    Which application is/was this in ?
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:31 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    It's gone on this site, and other's that had that ability.
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Credendovidis
    Hello CMomma !

What "underline" ?
    What OS are you running ?
    What browser and wordprocessor are you using ?
    Did you recently do any upgrading to your computer, specially to your wordprocessor or browser?

In general : check the EXTRA or OPTIONAL tab and see if language / spelling check is "on".

Just let me know by personal AMHD mail (click on my handle and follow instructions) and I will return here to reply.
    If this helps solving your problem, than please rate this reply.

Success !

:)
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:37 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    The red spell check underline. I'm using Windows XP, and ff. It was here a week ago, and before. And now no more. What to do? And yes, the spell check is on...

Asjdhfjkasdfh <---no red line...
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:38 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Hello CMomma !

What "underline" ?
    What OS are you running ?
    What browser and wordprocessor are you using ?
    Did you recently do any upgrading to your computer, specially to your wordprocessor or browser?

In general : check the EXTRA or OPTIONAL tab and see if language / spelling check is "on".

Just let me know by personal AMHD mail (click on my handle and follow instructions) and I will return here to reply.
    If this helps solving your problem, than please rate this reply.

Success !

:)

BTW, when trying to give you a greenie, this is the message that I got...
    "You have attempted to view a Post that no longer is available. Please click one of the links in the menu to continue."
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:41 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Yeah, FireFox has an automatic spell checker! (Shame IE doesn't have the same!)

Using the spell checker

That tells you how to turn it off, but it's the same process to turn it on again!

*edit*

Also, I've just read if you've just re-installed FF it may not work because it doesn't download the much-needed dictionary with it! Don't fret though, you can do that here;

Firefox spell check not working? - The Website Professionals
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:46 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Could I have a virus?
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:47 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Sorry, I just added a bit more to my post as you re-posted... you could try that too?
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:49 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    I didn't just redownload it...
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:53 AM
    ISneezeFunny
    In the post box, right click and see if "spell check this field" is checked. If not, check it.
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:54 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    In the post box, right click and see if "spell check this field" is checked. If not, check it.

It is..
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:56 AM
    Curlyben
    TBH, you really should upgrade to FF3 as it's awesome ;)

As already mentioned you need to ensure you have the correct dictionary installed as well.

In tools > options > advanced make sure Check spelling as I type is checked.
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:56 AM
    ISneezeFunny
    Hm. It sounds silly, but I have to check... are you typing jflkajkfwaf THEN pressing spacebar?
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:57 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Jfghfhghj yup
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:58 AM
    ISneezeFunny
    Again, another silly q. have you tried unchecking spellcheck then typing. Then rechecking spellcheck?
  • Aug 7, 2008, 12:59 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

again, another silly q. have you tried unchecking spellcheck then typing. then rechecking spellcheck?

no...
  • Aug 7, 2008, 01:07 AM
    ISneezeFunny
    Is that, "no I haven't tried" or "yes, I have tried, and it didn't work ISF...idiot"
  • Aug 7, 2008, 01:07 AM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

is that, "no I haven't tried" or "yes, I have tried, and it didn't work ISF...idiot"

BOTH, as of now...
  • Aug 7, 2008, 01:09 AM
    ISneezeFunny
    Doh!