Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Antivirus (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=408)
-   -   How can I get rid of mcaffe? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=536014)

• Dec 19, 2010, 03:42 AM
    answermelater
    How can I get rid of mcaffe?
    I bought McAfee last year and it expired. This year it went on taking my money even though I didn't want it anymore. I now want to install AVG and get rid of McAffe. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  • Dec 19, 2010, 07:02 PM
    WallyHelps

I don't know if you've contacted McAfee and told them you want to stop your subscription or not, but if you haven't, you must. They will continue to charge you for the product whether it is installed or not.

Once you've stopped the McAfee subscription, you should be able to uninstall it by going into Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs and locating the McAfee entry there.

Best of luck,
    WallyH
  • Dec 19, 2010, 09:37 PM
    ITstudent2006

WallyHelps- Are you on Yahoo Answers too? ;)

answermelater- I agree with Wally. However, if you have Vista or 7 then the way of adding and removing is different. Instead of Add/Remove the feature is now called Programs and Features.
  • Dec 20, 2010, 08:27 AM
    WallyHelps
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    WallyHelps- Are you on Yahoo Answers too? ;)

Nope, I just try to answer questions here. :)

Quote:

answermelater- I agree with Wally. However, if you have Vista or 7 then the way of adding and removing is different. Instead of Add/Remove the feature is now called Programs and Features.
    This is true. I took a guess that answermelater was using XP.
  • Jan 14, 2011, 11:36 AM
    answermelater
    Comment on WallyHelps's post
    I did not say : answermelater- I agree with Wally. However, if you have Vista or 7 then the way of adding and removing is different. Instead of Add/Remove the feature is now called Programs and Features.
    Someone must have signed into my account
  • Jan 14, 2011, 11:37 AM
    answermelater
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    I did not say : answermelater- I agree with Wally. However, if you have Vista or 7 then the way of adding and removing is different. Instead of Add/Remove the feature is now called Programs and Features.
    Someone must have signed into my account
  • Jan 14, 2011, 11:38 AM
    answermelater
    Comment on webbycn's post
    Thanks but how do I end the subscription first?
  • Jan 15, 2011, 09:55 AM
    WallyHelps

To answermelater -
    I think the comment you refer to is actually from ITstudent2006 to you.
    To unsubscribe from McAfee, I'd find a contact number on their website and call them.

Good luck,
    WallyH
  • Jan 15, 2011, 06:03 PM
    ITstudent2006

answermelater- I wrote that about Vista. No one signed in as you. As Wally is saying, to end a subscription you must call McAfee. Whether you get your money back is debatable.