Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   Continuous Spotting And Brown Discharge. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=145671)

• Oct 27, 2007, 06:07 PM
    xearthprincessx
    Continuous Spotting And Brown Discharge.
    It all started the 2nd of sept. 07, I started noticing slight spotting, hardly enough to touch my panty-liner, but enough to be on the tissue when I wipe. My pd was due in about 4 days after this started so I thought that this was it, since my periods have been irregular since I started an I've been told by doctors that this is normal. Anwyz.. 2 weeks passed an the spotting/brownish discharge continued, so I did some research an thought I might have been pregnant.. did 3 home tests an 1 blood test an all came out NEGATIVE. However the spotting/brownish discharge started coming off an on for a few weeks up until oct. 11th.. then my regular pd started. My usual pd would last 5-6 days, this time however it lasted almost 9 days.

After my pd ended.. the spotting went away, BUT started 2 days later again, now I'm still having it, only now it's not really spotting, it discharging enough to actually full almost half the panty-liner, an it's more of a red color than a pink/brownish color.

BTW.. within this timeframe of all this happening, I've visited the doctor an I've been told to take 324mg Iron 3 times daily for six weeks, and then return for another check up.

I don't think that my problem is lacking iron, but I don't know what is wrong either.. PLEASE HELP!
  • Oct 28, 2008, 11:59 PM
    rinee_sam

Has your spotting stopped?if yes please answer how.I am facing same problem too
  • Nov 4, 2008, 06:56 PM
    whitesnake666

I can't figure out how to ask the right question, so sorry if it shows up wrong.

my period just stopped a couple days ago, and I'm having a light brown dis charge, usually when its that it'll stop the day after my period ends because of old blood. I just started birth control for the first time this month, and I use a condom every time I have sex. [I've also only had one sexual partner] What could it be?
  • Nov 5, 2008, 11:38 AM
    xearthprincessx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rinee_sam View Post
    has ur spotting stopped?if yes please answer how.i am facing same problem too

hello RINEE_SAM, since i posted this Question my spotting continued. i went to many, MANY doctors an they prescribed sonograms but i couldn't go through with that b/c i can't afford it. anywys i decided to go w/ the easiest route tha i knew could have stopped my spotting. i started birth control. at the beginning of january of 2008 i started an stopped at the end of march 2008. my spotten stopped, :) for a few months, but started back recently in beginning of october, an continued since. :mad: :confused:

however i did start the pill again beginning of november... :( an im planning on continuing for 2 - 3 months..

i do suggest that you do LOTS of research, and GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR. cause from what i've found out, the spotting could be a result of either hormonal deficiencies to fibroids.. :(
  • Nov 5, 2008, 11:40 AM
    xearthprincessx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesnake666 View Post
    I can't figure out how to ask the right question, so sorry if it shows up wrong.

my period just stopped a couple days ago, and I'm having a light brown dis charge, usually when its that it'll stop the day after my period ends because of old blood. I just started birth control for the first time this month, and I use a condom every time I have sex. [I've also only had one sexual partner] What could it be?

from what i understand from goen to the doctor, it could be a few things, some of which could be hormonal or fibroids.. :(
  • Jan 11, 2009, 06:21 PM
    x_midnight
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xearthprincessx View Post
    hello RINEE_SAM, since i posted this Question my spotting continued. i went to many, MANY doctors an they prescribed sonograms but i couldn't go through with that b/c i can't afford it. anywys i decided to go w/ the easiest route tha i knew could have stopped my spotting. i started birth control. at the beginning of january of 2008 i started an stopped at the end of march 2008. my spotten stopped, :) for a few months, but started back recently in beginning of october, an continued since. :mad: :confused:

however i did start the pill again beginning of november... :( an im planning on continuing for 2 - 3 months..

i do suggest that you do LOTS of research, and GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR. cause from what i've found out, the spotting could be a result of either hormonal deficiencies to fibroids.. :(

I'm kind of having the same problem.
    I've been spotting for a while everyday now & I did a pregnant. Test but it came out negative.
    & I just wanted to know.. did you start using birth control pills just like that or you started taking them when you were in your period?
    Cause I know you're supposed to take them on your first day of period.
  • Jan 12, 2009, 12:18 PM
    xearthprincessx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by x_midnight View Post
    im kinda having the same problem.
    ive been spotting for a while everyday now & i did a preg. test but it came out negative.
    & i just wanted to know..did you start using birth control pills just like that or you started taking them when you were in your period?
    cause i know you're supposed to take them on your first day of period.

yea initially when i first started spotting i thought that i was pregnant also, so i ran ALL tests possible to find out if i was.. lol.. but eventually i figured that it was some sort of problem.

as for when i started the pill, i had just finished my pd. the week before i got my prescription. and it was a few days before the 1st of the next month. so i waited for the first and then started the pill on the 1st of the month. my DR said nothing about taking them on the 1st day of your pd.
  • Oct 18, 2012, 02:25 AM
    Madhumita007
    Hi I am Madhumita. I had my last pd as on 13th Sept'12 and till date my pd's hv nt come but there is slight spotting and a light bleeding started from today i.e. 18th Oct'12. I have done a pregnancy test yesterday i.e. 17th Oct'12 but the result is negative. Can anybody suggest me do I still have a chance to get pregnant??