Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Marriage (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Romance is needed? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=285369)

• Nov 26, 2008, 03:57 AM
    Krs
    Romance is needed?
    Hello everyone. I need advice. TO give you a brief overview. Im married to J for 4 yrs now and been together for a totalof 10 yrs.

We are good together. He is my best friend and we love to hang out together. However I'm feeling that in the bedroom department things are diminishing.

We haven't had sex for 15 days. Ok 5 of those days I had my period but its like we both don't make an effort anymore.

I don't want sex to be a routine.

I want excitement back.

Any tips ideas?

Also I don't get so horny anymore :(

Is something wrong with me?

Also (sorry forgot to add) - his father is a nice man but he is so placid and like emotionless. After work he sits on sofa and don't move or talk. Im scared my husband will take after him and sometimes I see a resemblance..
  • Nov 26, 2008, 05:15 AM
    Krs
    He doesn't think we lack spontaniousity.
    But I do!
    Mmmmm! WAT DO WE DO?
  • Nov 26, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Clough

Hi, Krs!

How about trying something totally unusual and unexpected with him? It might help to living up and refresh things for the two of you!

People can and do get into ruts and fall into the same routines that might become boring for them whereby they subsequently have no desire to do anything differently because they don't know how to do things differently.

What do you think?

Thanks!
  • Nov 26, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Krs
    Sounds great.
    Any ideas and tips?

He thinks our relationship doesn't lack anything which is good but bad also I think, so I need to make this extra step..
    I need suggestions thou :D

Thanks
  • Nov 26, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Clough

Thanks!

What about trying something totally out of ordinary for dinner, or for anything for that matter - things to prepare or maybe places to go? Doing so might help you and also he to get emotionally involved in such a way that it might bring some spark back to your sex life. What about suggesting something different and kinky for sex?

Are there some things here that you aren't revealing that might be leading up to the way things are, please?

It could be as simple as making changes to the things that you say to each other. If you've gotten into a rut with the things that you say to him, how about becoming adventuresome and try some different things to say - maybe things that he wouldn't normally expect to hear from you?

Just some initial thoughts here...

Thanks!
  • Nov 26, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Krs
    I was putting little yellow sticky notes on the fridge saying things like I love you and he would reply to them which is sweet.
    Then it stopped so I should start them again.

No everything is fine.
    Its just that I believe we are stuck in a rut and have no adventure anymore
  • Nov 26, 2008, 07:55 AM
    NowWhat

When my husband and I got into a rut - I went to the "store for lovers" and did some shopping. Nothing really dirty - but I got some good ideas. I also made a stop by the lingerie store, bought some new, sexier things.

We also took sex out of the bedroom a couple of times and moved to different rooms of the house. That was actually pretty fun.

When you go out to dinner, wear a skirt, don't wear any underwear. Half way through the appetizer let him know. For some reason, this turns men on.