Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Well, Fred Phelps passed away (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=787328)

• Mar 20, 2014, 09:21 AM
    NeedKarma
    Well, Fred Phelps passed away
    Gee, that's, ah, too bad I guess.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:29 AM
    ebaines
    I wonder who's going to picket his funeral?
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:31 AM
    NeedKarma
    Hopefully not a soul.

:-)
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:33 AM
    smoothy
    Oh come on... we know the Lefties have been waiting for this to happen... they can't wait to picket his funeral. Lefties are a spiteful bunch.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:44 AM
    NeedKarma
    Smoothiy's "lefty" rant, right on cue. :-) I know you conservatives embraced his views. That's fine.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:48 AM
    smoothy
    What time do you expect to be there? You can't miss this chance... it only comes once in a lifetime.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:49 AM
    NeedKarma
    Why do you think I would take the to picket any funeral at all? Or any marriage? Or any ceremony? Is that something you do?
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:52 AM
    smoothy
    Seems exactly like the sort of thing you would do... I take it you are keeping it low key and just showing up unannounced.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:54 AM
    NeedKarma
    Hah, you're funny... and delusional.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 09:55 AM
    smoothy
    I won't tell anyone you are going... it will be our secret.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 12:30 PM
    Catsmine
    Let's see... the Right wing fascists lost a poster child, so does Al Sharpton have to martyr himself to keep it in balance?
  • Mar 20, 2014, 12:36 PM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Let's see... the Right wing fascists lost a poster child, so does Al Sharpton have to martyr himself to keep it in balance?

Oh, please... either him or Jackson... I'd be happy with either one... maybe they could step up both do it together. They are both obnoxious racist bigots.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 01:49 PM
    paraclete
    picket a funeral is this a new sport?
  • Mar 20, 2014, 02:02 PM
    ebaines
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    picket a funeral is this a new sport?

If you are unaware of this fellow - do a Google search on "Fred Phelps" and "Westboro Baptist Church" and see what you get. Not too many people will be mourning his passing.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 02:06 PM
    J_9
    Good riddance.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 02:14 PM
    paraclete
    I know who he is, I was being sarcastic, but hopefully this will be ignored as it should be
  • Mar 20, 2014, 05:32 PM
    earl237
    He won't be missed that's for sure. Hard to believe he was a civil rights lawyer in the 60s and received awards from the NAACP. Not sure why he became so hateful later on. It's good that his son became a civil rights activist and wasn't brainwashed by his father's hateful rhetoric. Let's hope the WBC fades into obscurity now.
  • Mar 20, 2014, 08:02 PM
    paraclete
    he might have discovered a gay in his closet
  • Mar 21, 2014, 02:13 AM
    Catsmine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    he might have discovered a gay in his closet

You may have just worded a new definition for irony. Bravo
  • Mar 21, 2014, 06:37 AM
    mogrann
    I am not Christian but would think most Christians are happy he is gone as he gave a bad name to their religion. By that I mean who would want to be part of a religion that is full of such hatred and anger?
    If there is a heaven and hell, I hope he is met at the gates and told you have hurt me by making more people hate me.