Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   Scary movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=275171)

• Oct 29, 2008, 09:12 PM
    j36
    Scary movies
    I just recently got into watching scary movies and now I love them! Does anyone have any good ones they could recommend?
  • Oct 30, 2008, 12:14 AM
    Frogdude
    I can recommend dozens mate. Let us know what you've seen so far that you enjoyed, and that'll give us an idea of what others you might like.

Some of my favourites would be - Halloween (original), The Excorcist, 28 Days Later, Saw, Candyman, Dawn of the Dead (either version), Salems Lot, Maniac, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the remake) and See No Evil.
  • Nov 1, 2008, 01:35 AM
    BrainBitter

Well hold on to your hula hoops There is going to be a Saw 6 and Yes Even another Friday the 13th (Jason's Back) those are coming out next year I think
  • Nov 1, 2008, 01:49 AM
    Frogdude
    Yep, it's true. Friday 13th is out early in the year, and it's similar to Rob Zombie's Halloween in that it's more remake/re-imagining than sequel. Didn't work so well for Halloween, but having seen the teasers I've got high hopes for this one.
  • Nov 1, 2008, 04:07 PM
    sheppydie77

Anything directed by dario argento and lucio fulci for exsample zombie flesh eaters, the beyond, house by the cemetery, deep red, four flies on grey velvet, creepers to name but a few regards damian
  • Nov 1, 2008, 05:05 PM
    southerngalps

I saw the ring in the movie theatre and I left the movies thinking about that movie for the rest of the day. It was very creepy.

The Ring (2002)

I liked this one too... Stay Alive

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441796/
  • Nov 1, 2008, 05:27 PM
    sheppydie77

Stay alive was OK but you can't beat the old late 70s and early 80s video nasties
  • Nov 1, 2008, 05:32 PM
    southerngalps
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sheppydie77 View Post
    stay alive was ok but you can't beat the old late 70s and early 80s video nasties

Yes... you are right about the 70s and 80s horror flicks, but that is why I like to find movies of this era that are scary. They have a lot to hold up to with the classic horror flicks. I appreciate seeing a good scary movie these days.
  • Nov 1, 2008, 05:34 PM
    albear

28 days later, 28 weeks later, saw, would be the first 3 that I can think of
  • Nov 1, 2008, 05:39 PM
    sheppydie77
    Well have you seen jack brooks monster slayer staring robert englund well it's a comedy horror 5*
  • Nov 1, 2008, 05:40 PM
    southerngalps
    Quote:

well have you seen jack brooks monster slayer staring robert englund well its a comedy horror 5*

Me or ALBEAR... I haven't seen it...
  • Nov 1, 2008, 06:00 PM
    sheppydie77
    Yourself I also recommend tartan release satan which is a pretty messed up french film, and stay away from paul naschy films they are bad just watched the man with the severed head never going to get them 86minutes back going to watch the house that drips blood now
  • Nov 1, 2008, 06:04 PM
    southerngalps
    Quote:

yourself i also recomend tartan release satan which is a pretty messed up french film, and stay away from paul naschy films thay are bad just watched the man with the severed head never going to get them 86minutes back going to watch the house that drips blood now

Lol... are you in the u.s.? I have never heard of any one of those. :) the house that drips blood sounds interesting.
  • Nov 1, 2008, 06:09 PM
    sheppydie77
    No am from northern ireland house that drips blood starring are horror masters peter cushing and christopher lee hammer horror vampires you can't go wrong with any of these
  • Nov 2, 2008, 02:30 PM
    dave146

Oh, oh... Final destination... but its more creepy than horrory, if that's a word...
  • Nov 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE

The Excorsist, Poltergiest... two classics, I think.
  • Nov 4, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Telepathetic23

People Under the Stairs
  • Nov 4, 2008, 03:17 AM
    BrainBitter

People under The Stairs is too new for what I'm looking for it's Black and White and has a Severed Hand in it that kills people
  • Nov 4, 2008, 07:35 AM
    southerngalps
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainBitter View Post
    People under The Stairs is too new for what I'm looking for it's Black and White and has a Severed Hand in it that kills people

This thread is about a guy looking for scary movies... :) did you mix them up?
  • Nov 5, 2008, 08:01 PM
    j36

Actually, the person originally looking for scary movies is a girl... but that's cool. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. ;]