Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dating (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374)
-   -   Serious relationship with a short tempered guy (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=112826)

• Jul 23, 2007, 06:09 PM
    lostinatrance
    Serious relationship with a short tempered guy
    I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 months and we were friends for a year before we started going out. We normally have a perfect relationship, we get along really well and we both love each other immensely. Sounds great right? Well the one downside to our relationship is he has a short temper, so a lot of things get him mad. He isn't abusive physically, at least not towards me, but he is emotionally. He gets mad over stupid little things that shouldn't get him mad at all, and he makes me feel like I'm a horrible girlfriend who always messes up. Recently things have been getting better, not as many fights, he's been trying hard to not let his short temper get to him, but just now he asked me what my dream was last night, I told him about how it was me cheating on him with some guy Max that we both hate. He has a huge fear of being cheated on because his last ex did and it hurt him a lot, so I can understand him being a little worried, but he's infuriated at me and told his friends that I probably **** other guys. I've never cheated on him, and I don't plan on ever cheating on him, I love him too much to hurt him. Now, what gets to me is that he had this one dream where he had sex with two girls and made out with one girl. The two girls he ****ed are two girls he used to like but he chose me instead of them, and the girl he made out with was his ex. I didn't get mad, I simply understand that you're not conscious while having your dreams and he agrees with that. I'm just so sick of how everything he does is fine and if I get mad about it he gets mad as if I have no right to be mad about it.. but if I do something similar he gets extremely pissed off at me. Like once he was playing strip uno with his friend who is like a sister to me, and I got kind of annoyed about it because he was completely naked in front of her, if I did that he'd get so mad the point that he'd stop talking to me for a day or two where as I got mad for a little bit but still talked to him and forgave him. I'm afraid to stand up to him about it and tell him exactly how I feel because I know it'll just make him even more mad. I don't know what to do, I'm just so sick of feeling like this, I love him but I can't take it anymore. While discussing him being mad at me earlier I said I would never do anything with the guy I did stuff with in my dream and he said "oh so you just enjoy sucking his in dreams for fun".. OK, fine, but what about the dream about him and those three girls.. so he just enjoys having dreams of ****ing and making out with three other girls for fun? I know this is long but if anyone can give me any advice it'd be very appreciated, thank you for taking your time to read this.
  • Jul 23, 2007, 06:14 PM
    GlindaofOz
    Darling this guy is shooting off MAJOR warning signs. I'd get out. You said his emotionally abusive - abuse is abuse is abuse. Its not a far step for him to start hitting you.

You deserve much better and you should walk away and not allow him in your life at all in any way. He sounds like bad news.
  • Jul 23, 2007, 06:34 PM
    touji-za-nai
    Short temper can easily turn into flying fists, get out now
  • Aug 17, 2007, 08:21 PM
    ToXicEscaqe
    I know how you feel my boyfriend also has a short temper and I try to tell him but he keeps getting angrier and angrier. I know hed never hurt me physically and comes around sometimes and apologizes, but goes and does it again. I also know he used to go to anger management classes so your boyfriend might have anger problem, I don't know how you'd discuss it with him but you can try when he's in a good mood and you are not fighting.
  • Aug 28, 2010, 10:41 PM
    iammecici
    My boyfriend is the same way, and he has told me that I'm not allowed to have any guy friends and flips out when a guy text me. I understand why u don't want to leave him because I don't want to leave mine, everyone has told me to but I won't. I keep saying OK next time he's mean ill do it but I don't. Before I dated him I never had bad nerves now I am on meds for anxiety and have frequent panic attacks. Like your guy mine has never been physically abusive but emotionally. It hurts either way.