Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Bryant Plus 80 gas furnace won't ignite burners (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=415910)

• Nov 14, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Belarus
    Bryant Plus 80 gas furnace won't ignite burners
    I own a Bryant Plus 80 gas furnace. The fan will run if I set the thermostat to "Fan On" instead of "Fan Auto". But the burners will not ignite. I have followed the user manual instructions to re-start the furnace, but that didn't work. I have a gas water heater and it is heating so I know the gas supply is okay. Is there something like an ignitor switch that I can fix? I'd like to avoid paying $100 to have someone come out to my house.
  • Nov 14, 2009, 10:41 AM
    wmproop
    the red and white tstat wires that are connected to the tstat,, take the loose and tie/jumper them together,, does the furnace fire up and work then?, if so its probably the thermostat,, if NOT this is telling you the prob. Is in the furnace.. Get up close and personal with the furnace tell us exactly which step is or is not working

when tstat set to call for heat it should be
    1st ==the inducer motor comes on
    2nd==after a few seconds the igniter should glow a pretty bright orange
    3rd ==the fas valve open and burners fire up
    4th ==a minute or so later the bigger/main blower should come on,blowing heat into the house
    these steps are done in sequence 1-2-3-4th

let us know what's not working
  • Nov 14, 2009, 10:58 AM
    KC13
    The unit should have a status LED. Observe this while furnace is attempting to cycle, look for a pattern of blinks, and compare to "SERVICE" label.
  • Nov 11, 2011, 05:35 PM
    skight81
    I'm having the same issue with my furnace.

My furnace is missing out on step 2, and after observing the LED, it's blinking. Call the service man?
  • Mar 1, 2012, 09:36 AM
    SKYWAY
    Thank you guys you saved me $$$$!!

Themo was good
    Igniter was good glowing orange
    Flame sensor good
    Gas valve was opening (hand on could feel it click and open)

No ignition

So i followed the steps provided and low and behold 1st orfice had a spider web over the hole. Took pictures of connectors before disassembly to insure correct reassembly turned off gas and power. Disconnected gas line and removed valve assembely with gas tube and 4 orfices and wiped the spider web with finger away. Reassembed and problem solved... burners ignited!

Used tip of soap around gas fitting to insure no gas leak and it's a done deal.
  • Nov 5, 2012, 05:13 PM
    gregory113513
    What was the code on the led lights?
  • Mar 9, 2013, 11:39 AM
    macplayr
    Have Bryant Plus 80 furnace, burners are not coming on. Inducer blower is cycling but igniter is not glowing at all? Is there a way of testing igniter or can I assume it is faulty because its not coming on?