Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dentistry (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   My 5 yr old was hit in the mouth and his front tooth is crooked what should I do? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=572997)

• Apr 26, 2011, 03:52 PM
    mom1980
    My 5 yr old was hit in the mouth and his front tooth is crooked what should I do?
    Tooth injury 5 yr old
  • Apr 26, 2011, 05:02 PM
    JudyKayTee

Take him to a Dentist.
  • Apr 26, 2011, 05:29 PM
    flossie
    If the tooth is loose you can move it back in to place but at his age he may end up losing it sometime soon. If your son is in discomfort or has trouble eating with the tooth the way it is, do as Judy says, take him to the dentist. When he is in next for his check up, mention it to the dentist so they can make sure the adult tooth hasn't been injured as well.
  • Apr 26, 2011, 05:39 PM
    ballengerb1

I agree, good advice so far. I am surprised you have not taken him in already. The tooth needs to be immobilized or it will get looser and looser as he eats and eventually fall out. Even if its dead it needs to be in place so the permanent tooth can form above it.
  • Apr 26, 2011, 05:57 PM
    JudyKayTee

mom1980 does not find this helpful : obvious no dentisst open however, needed more advise as to help with pain and bleeding.

No, it's NOT obvious that no "dentisst" is open. Your son is in pain and his tooth is bleeding. Go to a hospital emergency room.

You also have misused the rating system. You might want to read the AMHD rules before you post again.
  • Apr 26, 2011, 05:58 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    If the tooth is loose you can move it back in to place but at his age he may end up losing it sometime soon. If your son is in discomfort or has trouble eating with the tooth the way it is, do as Judy says, take him to the dentist. When he is in next for his check up, mention it to the dentist so they can make sure the adult tooth hasn't been injured as well.

Follow up indicates the child is in pain and bleeding.
  • Apr 26, 2011, 06:01 PM
    ballengerb1

If the dentist does not have an emergency answering service and someone covering for him go to the Emergency Room at your nearest hopsital. They can help with the pain and may even assist with immobilizing it until a dentist can help.
  • Apr 26, 2011, 06:19 PM
    flossie
    OK... am I missing something here?? I don't see any mention of pain, bleeding or dentist being closed??
  • Apr 26, 2011, 06:20 PM
    ballengerb1

When the OP zinged Judy with a reddie you also added info not origianally provide, not nice to keep back info
  • Apr 27, 2011, 05:19 AM
    JudyKayTee

I think your posts crossed - she posted: "mom1980 does not find this helpful : obvious no dentisst open however, needed more advise as to help with pain and bleeding."

- Or else I'm psychic.
  • Apr 27, 2011, 07:18 PM
    flossie
    Ahhh... OK. The format I use doesn't show the reddies or greenies.