Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dentistry (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   I have to get braces at 22. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=189104)

• Feb 27, 2008, 10:05 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    I have to get braces at 22.
    I'm really not looking forward to this.

I need some cheering up.

But my question is this: Is there a site that can show me what I will look like with braces? Like something that alters my picture to put braces on me to see if I really want to do this.
  • Feb 27, 2008, 10:09 PM
    JoeCanada76
    Actually, it is not what you look like with braces you should be thinking about. It is what you will look like after the braces are removed. The result is the most important, right?
  • Feb 27, 2008, 10:12 PM
    ISneezeFunny
    I guess the easiest way to do this is take a picture of yourself, find a picture of braces, and superimpose.

Are you getting actual braces rather than invisalign? My brother (freshmen in high school) was deathly afraid of getting braces so my parents ended up getting him invisalign... not sure how much it costs.

No worries! A few of my friends (ranges from age 20 - 24) have braces and you notice them at first, and then later dismiss them.

Just be aware of monkeys. They like them shiny things.
  • Feb 27, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Wondergirl
    My neighbor got them after her four kids graduated from college. (That's when she could finally afford them.) She wishes she had done it when she was in her 20s. She said the worst of it was keeping her teeth clean. She invested in a WaterPik.
  • Feb 27, 2008, 10:48 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Actually, it is not what you look like with braces you should be thinking about. It is what you will look like after the braces are removed. The end result is the most important, right?

It really hard for me to not think about what I look like for two years... I know the result will be so much better... but, UGH!
  • Feb 27, 2008, 10:49 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    I guess the easiest way to do this is take a picture of yourself, find a picture of braces, and superimpose.

are you getting actual braces rather than invisalign? My brother (freshmen in high school) was deathly afraid of getting braces so my parents ended up getting him invisalign...not sure how much it costs.

no worries! a few of my friends (ranges from age 20 - 24) have braces and you notice them at first, and then later dismiss them.

just be aware of monkeys. they like them shiny things.

Thanks for the cheering up! And invisalign doesn't help with an overbite and that is part of the reason I am doing the braces in the first place.

But good thinking...
    :D
  • Feb 27, 2008, 10:56 PM
    friiendz_r_4eva
    I know how you feel. I have to get braces when I'm older to and I want to now what I will look like then. But for the time being I just focus on the important stuff, instead of letting the bad stuff take over my thoughts :)
  • Feb 27, 2008, 10:59 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by friiendz_r_4eva
    i know how you feel. i have to get braces when im older to and i want to now what i will look like then. but for the time being i just focus on the important stuff, instead of letting the bad stuff take over my thoughts :)

I wish I would have done it when I was a teenager!
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I wish I would have done it when I was a teenager!

The LAST person in the whole world who wants braces is a teenager!!
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:22 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    No, the last person in the whole world who wants braces is an adult... ME!
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Wondergirl
    It's only for what? Five years?
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:36 PM
    ISneezeFunny
    ... how are you posting although you're offline? Magic powers granted by the AMHD gods?
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Wondergirl
    Sssssssssssssshhhhh. You could do it too.
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:39 PM
    ISneezeFunny
    =o

Teach Me Teach Me!
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Wondergirl
    How old are you?
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:43 PM
    ISneezeFunny
    age = 22
    appearance wise = 26
    mentally =... sources indicate roughly around 7.
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:43 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    It's only for what? five years?

Two... FIVE?? We're mostly fixing an overbite, I don't have teeth growing out my nose. LOL.
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Two....FIVE???? We're mostly fixing an overbite, I don't have teeth growing out my nose. LOL.

Only TWO years?? Wow! Piece a cake.
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:47 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Only TWO years???? Wow! Piece a cake.

Two years is a long time.
  • Feb 27, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    =o

Teach Me Teach Me!

You ready? Here's the secret --

Go to the blueish bar at the top. Click My Profile. (Yours, not mine)

Look at the left margin. Click Edit Options.

The first one is Use Invisible Mode.

Check the box.

Scroll way down.

Save Changes.

Voilą! You're invisible!