Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Computers for Beginners (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Face Book (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=342181)

• Apr 16, 2009, 12:32 AM
    star2000
    Face Book
    Hi there!

How do I download photos off My Documents onto Face Book?

I have tried to download photos off My Documents and then onto My Pictures to see if that will work, but the photo comes up blank?
  • Apr 16, 2009, 04:55 AM
    binx44

It should work no matter where the photos are located in your compter. Maybe you don't have the right files. I believe they need to be jpg files if I am correct (I have tons of albums on facebook) and I know full size actual photos will go on the site too so its not a size problem
  • Apr 16, 2009, 09:31 AM
    star2000

Yeah you would think so! When you say maybe I don't have the right files, what did you mean, sorry but not that good on computers lol.

It does keep saying click here to download plugins, Install missing plugins, and says you can upload jpg,gif or png files. It also says the file size limit is 5mb if your upload does not work try uploading a smaller picture, but the picture that I am trying to upload is only 3 by 3inch's so is small.

Just not sure if wrong files as to which are the right ones.

Thank you for your help
  • Apr 16, 2009, 09:33 AM
    ScottGem

First you don't download TO FaceBook. Downloaing is the process of transferring a file from a remote computer to your computer.

There should be a link to upload on Facebook. You then Browse your computer for the file you want to upload.
  • Apr 16, 2009, 09:40 AM
    star2000
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First you don't download TO FaceBook. Downloaing is the process of transferring a file from a remote computer to your computer.

There should be a link to upload on Facebook. You then Browse your computer for the file you want to upload.

Hi

Yes that's what I meant, there is a link to face book and I do browse for the photo that I want in My Documents or in My Pictures and they do actually upload onto face book but the photo's come out blank like this

?

Cornwall

0 Photo's
  • Apr 16, 2009, 09:44 AM
    ScottGem

Can you view the photo on your PC?
  • Apr 16, 2009, 09:47 AM
    star2000
    Quote:

Can you view the photo on your PC?

Hi

Yes I can view the photo's on my PC
  • Apr 16, 2009, 09:59 AM
    ScottGem

I would contact Facebook tech support. Sounds like you are doing everything right.
  • Apr 16, 2009, 10:21 AM
    star2000
    Quote:

I would contact Facebook tech support. sounds like you are doing everything right.

Ok will do, and many thanks for all your quick responses and help!