Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   First Flush of Toilet does NOT work right BUT second flush works great? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=276508)

• Nov 2, 2008, 10:59 PM
    MeyerJRBL
    First Flush of Toilet does NOT work right BUT second flush works great?
    We have 2 toilets and both have the same problem. The first flush does NOT work right and will NOT flush completely, water rises and then goes back down. The second flash works GREAT? We have plunged and clean out all blow or jet holes NOthiNG is plugged? Short of double water bills and the embarrassment with other people coming to our house and having to tell them to flush 2 times!! Please HELP us!!
  • Nov 3, 2008, 05:53 AM
    speedball1
    Are your toilets the newer 1.6 gallon tank toilets or are they older? How much older?
    Did this just start with both or has it been like this since day bone. Give me history and more details. Regards, Tom
  • Nov 5, 2008, 10:04 AM
    MeyerJRBL
    2 Toilets and BOTH take 2 flushes to work right
    More Details for Speedball1
    One Toilet is old and one toilet is new. They BOTH act the same FIRST FLUSH NO GOOD Second FLUSH Great?:rolleyes:
    I have put drain cleaners in both and STILL BOTH TAKE 2 FLUSHES to work right?
    We have 2 toilets and both have the same problem. The first flush does NOT work right and will NOT flush completely, water rises and then goes back down. The second flash works GREAT? We have plunged and clean out all blow or jet holes NOTHING is plugged? Short of double water bills and the embarrassment with other people coming to our house and having to tell them to flush 2 times!! Please HELP us!! :confused:
  • Nov 5, 2008, 01:04 PM
    speedball1
    Any bubbles or gurgles in the toilets when flushed? Are you sure the water level in both tanks are 1/2 inch under the white overflow tube when the tank's filled? When you flush does the bowl fill up, swirl around a and slowly go down leaving TP and solids behind? How about the older toilet. When did it start bto act up? AT the same time the new one did? I really need all the details, (even the little ones) that you can give me. Regards, Tom
  • Nov 5, 2008, 02:21 PM
    MeyerJRBL
    2 Toilets 2 Flushes Extra info for Speedball1
    EXTRA More Details for Speedball1

No bubbles or gurgles when flushed. YES both toilets are 1/2 inch below overflow tank fill tub. FIRST FLUSH WILL FILL BOWL AND THEN SWIRL AROUND AND GO DOWN SLOWLY. Second flush works great!
    Older toilet started to act up first and it is end of the plumming line after about a month second toilet started doing the same thing BUT NOT ALL THE TIME, just some times for the second toilet. We have put a snake auger down old toilet thinking it is something built up between the line? Short of sending a camera down the line is our next thought?
    IF YOU HAVE ANY HELPFUL IDEAS THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!
    One Toilet is old and one toilet is new. They BOTH act the same FIRST FLUSH NO GOOD Second FLUSH Great?
    I have put drain cleaners in both and STILL BOTH TAKE 2 FLUSHES to work right?
    We have 2 toilets and both have the same problem. The first flush does NOT work right and will NOT flush completely, water rises and then goes back down. The second flash works GREAT? We have plunged and clean out all blow or jet holes NOTHING is plugged? Short of double water bills and the embarrassment with other people coming to our house and having to tell them to flush 2 times!! Please HELP us!!