Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   City of Angels (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=19974)

• Feb 7, 2006, 02:01 AM
    wizzkid89
    City of Angels
    I just wanted to know who has since the city of angels movie starring nicolas cage and meg ryan? I saw it when it originally came out and was indifferent to it, however I watched the movie before the super bowl and now I can't stop thinking of how great a movie it really was. I believe its one of meg ryan's best performance, as nicolas's cage, and I love the way it's the film is shot. It's bright, clean, and always uplifting even in the darkest of hours during the story. It asks many questions about faith in this movie, however I feel it has one of the best love stories I have ever seen, a great plot that derived from the book wings of desire(or at least I think it was a book). All I am trying to say is that I cannot stop thinking about this movie and because there was no where to discuss that I could find, I have come here hoping for people who have seen it too, or who would like to post a suggestion for a movie they recently saw and enjoyed.
  • Feb 7, 2006, 07:14 PM
    phillysteakandcheese
    I liked City of Angels too. I thought Andre Braugher was good as Nicholas Cage's friend, and I also liked Dennis Franz as the "fallen angel". That movie still makes me think about God, the universe, and what life is really all about.

Completely to the opposite though, I just saw Wedding Crashers again on DVD last weekend, and it was awesome! It's funny, but at a deeper level, it really does make you wonder about how choices to be positive or negative in one's life can make a difference.
  • Feb 7, 2006, 07:40 PM
    wizzkid89
    Dude I own wedding crashers uncorked dvd and that stuff is epic, omg its great.
  • Feb 7, 2006, 08:58 PM
    undercover_rainbow
    I remember renting City of Angels not too long after it came out on video. I absolutely loved it. A beautiful love story, and a fantastic plot! Just loved it!
  • Feb 8, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Choppers_Mama
    I loved City of Angels. It was beautifully done. Really sweet. The soundtrack is amazing too. :)
  • Feb 8, 2006, 07:44 PM
    wizzkid89
    For me one of the best moments in the entire world was after maggie rice(meg ryan) had died, and he was in a house and his angel friend showed up and started to ask him how it was. Then he asked him if it was worth it, and I forgot what seth(nicolas cage) said but I think it was something along the lines of "I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One. " Overall, just a phenomal movie, I kind of want to watch it again...
  • Feb 11, 2006, 10:25 PM
    Mooshie
    Personally, City of Angels was a little saccharine for my tastes. But yeah, that soundtrack is awesome. If you liked the love story aspect of the movie, you might also enjoy the film Truly, Madly, Deeply, starring Alan Rickman. It's a wooonderful film.
  • Feb 12, 2006, 07:49 PM
    lilfyre
    I loved City of Angels, made me cry, I just watched million Dollar Baby, did the same this I cried like a baby, but it was really good, another movie that make you feel good inside.
  • Feb 12, 2006, 09:13 PM
    maria26
    I loved that movie... just beautiful, especially the ending. I too enjoyed the soundtrack.
  • Jul 31, 2013, 05:50 PM
    MystMoonstruck
    The Station Agent (2003) - IMDb

Somewhere in Time (1980) - IMDb

84 Charing Cross Road (1987) - IMDb

Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005) - IMDb

Unconditional Love (2002) - IMDb

A Home of Our Own (1993) - IMDb