Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Blink and you've missed it (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=849928)

• Oct 20, 2022, 01:49 PM
    Curlyben
    Blink and you've missed it
    Who is Liz Truss? Political journey of UK's shortest-serving prime minister

Quick overview vid:
    Liz Truss's short and bumpy ride in 85 seconds
  • Oct 21, 2022, 03:39 AM
    tomder55
    Now that the Tories have ousted their mistake ;will Boris Johnson return like Cincinnatus to save the party and the nation from itself ?

I had previously posted about Truss here

Liz Truss is no conservative (askmehelpdesk.com)

Politicians who pretend to be what they are not do not serve the public
  • Oct 21, 2022, 03:58 AM
    tomder55
    In this aspect I admire the ability of the Brit system to oust the incompetent ones. However the Brits have had 6 PMs in 15 years and the Aussies 10 . A little too unstable for my taste .
  • Oct 21, 2022, 01:58 PM
    tomder55
    Ben what is you assessment of Penny Mordaunt ? Would she make a good PM ? I can't figure out Brit conservatives .
  • Oct 21, 2022, 02:06 PM
    Curlyben
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Ben what is you assessment of Penny Mordaunt ? Would she make a good PM ? I can't figure out Brit conservatives .

Currently President of the Privy Council, Sovereign advisers.
    A political unknown.
    Best options really are Boris' return or Ex-chancellor Sunak.
  • Oct 22, 2022, 12:42 AM
    tomder55
    Boris would be good . In my opinion he is the best PM you have had since Thatcher .
  • Oct 25, 2022, 04:47 AM
    tomder55
    Sunak is in .He is meeting with Gnarly Charlie as I type this ,

I guess it is good that Boris faced consequences for violating covid protocols .
    I bet he wishes he was an American pol
    Our fearless leaders who violated their own mandates faced no consequences .

Madam Mimi Pelosi went for an expensive indoor coiffure against her state's rules . So did Mayor Beetlejuice in Chi-town
    Sandinista Bill went to his gym to workout while il duce Cuomo's mandates to avoid gyms was in place. Il duce himself flew to Georgia for a junket while telling New Yorkers to avoid non-essential travel

Various big wig pols were shown not wearing masks in crowded rooms (they thought the cameras were off or they just did not care )

Boris deserved better . I am not familiar with Sunak . I assume the policies will remain close to the same .

The ones closest to Boris' situation was Guv Gavin Newsone in California . He dined at a fancy restaurant maskless violating his own covid rules.....and Guv Whitmer in Michigan partied hardy at a bar with friends .

For Boris it was a scandal called 'Partygate . For American pols ...... no consequences . Newsome faced a recall that he won .He is cruising to reelection . Madam Mimi is stronger than ever even as her party faces a massive mid-term defeat . (she won' t get blamed )
  • Oct 25, 2022, 05:39 AM
    tomder55
    btw The Brits are calling Liz Truss incompetent . I would take her in a nanosecond over Clueless Joe and Kam the Sham .
  • Oct 25, 2022, 08:07 AM
    jlisenbe
    Quote:

I would take her in a nanosecond over Clueless Joe and Kam the Sham .
    I would as well, but that is no great compliment to Truss. There are many people who would be preferable to Mr. Biden.
  • Oct 27, 2022, 03:57 AM
    tomder55
    Sunak knows the challenges the nation has over energy . So one of his first acts as PM was to reinstitute a fracking ban .

These people are hopeless .

‘He’s a believer’: will Sunak rebuild green agenda torn up by Truss? | Green politics | The Guardian
  • Oct 30, 2022, 03:56 AM
    tomder55
    comment removed
  • Dec 24, 2022, 07:42 AM
    tomder55
    Liz Truss at least made some solid supply side tax ideas . Sunak and Jeremy Hunt think that tax and spend will fix the Brit economy . Why even bother claiming they are conservative 'Tories ' ? When they rightly get defeated in the next election ,the Brits won't get a moderate Labour PM like Blair . Kier Stomer is as radical as Harold Wilson was .His ideas fall in line with the Fabians .