Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Comic Books (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=547)
-   -   How much will DC Comics veer from the history of Batman when they release their... (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=594486)

• Aug 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
    CliffARobins13
    How much will DC Comics veer from the history of Batman when they release their...
    How much will DC Comics veer from the history of Batman when they release their reboot?
  • Aug 25, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Skylude
    I am thinking that they are going to modify it quite a bit. They always seem to want to add things when they revisit them.
  • Aug 25, 2011, 02:36 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    I agree, my bet ( not that is it legal to bet nor that I really would) but is that it will be a major rewrite
  • Aug 25, 2011, 03:08 PM
    odinn7
    I have to admit, I'm a huge Batman fan and this whole idea makes me cringe. You can't just take all these years of Batman and throw it out the window, can you? Well, if you're DC you can do anything you want, I suppose. This is why I worry, because I think they will destroy it all and just pretend it never happened. I hope I'm wrong though.

As a side... when I say I'm a Batman fan, I mean I'm more of the Dark Knight version of Batman fan. My favorite 2 stories were Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight Returns, both by Frank Miller. These did change Batman a little as we know him but not too much. Any more than this and I think I will be p****d off.
  • Aug 25, 2011, 03:10 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    I go the other way with Batman from the comic days and think even the last movies did not do him proper Justice.
    Not that the TV show did any at all of course
  • Aug 25, 2011, 03:18 PM
    odinn7
    Fr_Chuck... the newer movies were largely based on the Batman character from the Year One graphic novel that I had mentioned. The stories were different but the character was the same. The dark, brooding, self doubting Batman is the one I like because he seems more "real" to me if that makes sense. I can fully understand why many people may not like that version because he is more of an anti-hero rather than a Superhero.

With that said, I have nothing against the regular comic versions of Batman either, I do like them. The only Batman I can say I really DON'T like is the one that was played by Val Kilmer and George Clooney... lol.
  • Aug 25, 2011, 06:48 PM
    Stratmando
    When did Batman start the Super Human stuff?
  • Aug 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
    odinn7
    Not sure what you mean. What superhuman stuff are you referring to?
  • Aug 26, 2011, 05:06 AM
    Stratmando
    He used to climb with a rope, run, jump like a human, Now he can fly? Jump from Tall Buildings?
  • Aug 26, 2011, 11:26 AM
    odinn7
    Oh... yeah, he's "modernized", not super human. He doesn't fly, he glides. Depending on the source (as there are so many to choose from, between the comics and also even the films) his cape is designed so that it acts like glider wings when he jumps from buildings.
  • Aug 26, 2011, 03:26 PM
    rpray2007
    I think this is all a marketing gimmick and they will return to the current story lines.