Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Fitness (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   My weird tasting water. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=260847)

• Sep 15, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Learnfrommyways
    My weird tasting water.
    I know this is sord of off topic but Im a pre-teen and in my fitness my water is concerning me I freeze my water and I have noticed that the water taste really weird what should I do?Please answer I know this really of topic
  • Sep 16, 2008, 03:42 AM
    tickle
    Don't freeze the water
  • Sep 16, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Learnfrommyways
    .. . :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: OK well I dtrannk the water later and it tasted fiine but how come at the beginning it tasted horable and sick?
    HTML Code:

• Sep 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
    tickle
    Because your taste buds aren't working when you drink really really cold water.
  • Sep 18, 2008, 09:09 AM
    binx44
    That and I find that frozen water. Expeically if its frozen in a plastic bottle has a weird off taste to it to begin with
  • Sep 18, 2008, 09:30 AM
    tickle
    Plastic bottles are not supposed to be user friendly any longer, that is, toxic with what er in them. Especially when they have to sit any length of time. I would imagine you are breaking down the plastic somewhat when you freeze both water and bottle.

Best to use a well designed water bottle and fill with cold spring water and avoid freezing it.
  • Sep 18, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Learnfrommyways
    Thanks but I have still been drinking it and today a drank and at the beginning it taste bad so it must have been it was sunkist and water so it made it weird but now I think its fine..
  • Sep 18, 2008, 03:14 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle
    plastic bottles are not supposed to be user friendly any longer, that is, toxic with wat er in them. Especially when they have to sit any length of time. I would imagine you are breaking down the plastic somewhat when you freeze both water and bottle.

Best to use a well designed water bottle and fill with cold spring water and avoid freezing it.

Sorry, but this is a fallacy. Just check Snopes... snopes.com: Reuse of Plastic Bottles
  • Sep 18, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Learnfrommyways
    Ok but is it OK for me to freeze my water all Im wondering J_9
  • Sep 18, 2008, 03:22 PM
    J_9
    Yeah, it's fine. I do it for my kids all the time. It's very hot where we live right now, my daughter is a cheerleader and my son plays soccer. I give 'em a bottle of frozen water and when they are ready to drink it, it's like ice water. ;)
  • Sep 19, 2008, 10:43 AM
    twinkiedooter
    Freezing water in plastic bottles is okay. It's the reverse position of HEATING up the bottles that releases the toxins from the plastic into the water. Don't heat up water in plastic bottles. Look on the bottom of your plastic bottles in that funny mark there should be a number. The number 1 is the lowest as far as toxins in the plastic. If you are drinking anything out of a bottle that has a number 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 on the bottom, throw it away and never use it again. Or drink water from a stainless steel bottle - there are no toxins released in this configuration either hot or cold.
  • Sep 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Learnfrommyways
    Kk thanks
  • Nov 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Learnfrommyways

Thanks sol much for all your help for tickle I have a horor nights waterbottle now and I'm thinking if I coud freeze that lol can I?
  • Nov 21, 2008, 05:00 PM
    tickle

I never freeze my drinking water, learn, but keep one of those big tanks in my fridge filled with tap water (I happen to like our tap water in southeastern ontario).
  • Nov 21, 2008, 05:09 PM
    asking

I have never had occasion to question or doubt Snopes before, but on the Bisphenol A stuff, they are wrong.

BPA and other plastics softeners are endocrine disrupters that do leach out of plastic. And they are not good for you. They are not necessarily carcinogenic, although in some cases they might promote the growth of cancers, but they do stimulate, block, or otherwise interfere with hormone receptors throughout the body. Endocrine disrupters have a great many effects and their effects are not necessarily dose related. That means a very low dose can have a bigger effect than a higher dose in some cases. Furthermore, even if you know exactly what one does, you won't know what 2 or 10 different ones will do in the body. They interact in unpredictable ways.