Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Child & Teen Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Stuck in the back of my THROAT? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=116249)

• Aug 3, 2007, 02:54 PM
    BN61239
    Stuck in the back of my THROAT?
    Yesturday I was eating popcorn at my friends house. After that it felt like there was a piece of the popcorn (the hard shell part) stuck in the back of my throat. I kept drinking water and it still feels like it's there. It started right after I ate popcorn. It just feels like something's back there stuck there and when I swallow I notice it most but when I don't swallow it still feels like there is something back there. It doesn't hurt, it just is getting annoying, any helpful tips on getting this out? I don't think it's a sore throat, because it JUST started after I ate popcorn. My mom looked in the back of my throat and she didn't see anything and that I might've just scratched it and now its irratated. Please respond!
  • Aug 3, 2007, 02:56 PM
    saraispiel19
    Oh god I remember thαt hαppening to me-- I put my hαnd in the bαck of my throαt -- which led me to vomit--eww but it worked.. other thαn thαt you could gαrgle -- α lot.. sorry hun thαt's αll I cαn give you

Good luck to yα girlie<3
  • Aug 3, 2007, 04:36 PM
    BN61239
    I tried gurgling but it won't come out. Might I have scratched it and its just irratated now, it just started yesturday? But it makes me concerned.
  • Aug 3, 2007, 04:41 PM
    happylady123
    Sounds like you probably scratched it, if it doesn't feel better in a few days I recommend you go to a ear,nose,throat DR.
  • Aug 3, 2007, 04:54 PM
    BN61239
    Yeah it kind of feels like I scratched it. When I swallow it's a very light pain, I think I must've scratched it eating something. I cough a lot, could that have anything to do with it?
  • Aug 3, 2007, 06:10 PM
    saraispiel19
    Yeα you mαybe dαmαged some of your vocαl cords-- or whαtever the little thingies αre cαlled-- try not to cough so much-- it'll heαl over time but if the pαin gets worse go to the doc.
  • Aug 4, 2007, 08:25 AM
    BN61239
    Could it be a sore throat? I have been sneezing a little bit today.
  • Aug 4, 2007, 06:59 PM
    scac
    Well, maybe you need to just gargle some water, you know, Drink water and then tilt your head back and gargle, It some times works, and I know your feeling
  • Aug 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
    BN61239
    It feels more like a sore throat. I think I might've scratched it. Has anyone else ever scratched there throat before? How long should I wait until I go to the doctor?
  • Aug 4, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Wondergirl
    I've done that with popcorn too. Popcorn hulls sometimes have sharp, pointy corners that can scrape your gums or throat. Slowly eat a piece of bread. That's my mom's method of getting rid of something that might be poked into your skin. A scratch will have to heal.
  • Aug 4, 2007, 09:19 PM
    letmetellu
    If it does happen to be a pop-corn husk, don't wait too long to get some one to check it for you. It could become irritated and might be a place that an infection could enter your body.
  • Aug 4, 2007, 09:48 PM
    tawnynkids
    Try some Chloraseptic Sore Throat Spray see if that helps. That should help with the pain if it is a sore throat until it heals. I would give it about 2 days, if it is not any better you should go to the doctor to check for something being stuck in the lining of your throat.