Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   Where can I buy this handheld shower ? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=557946)

• Feb 26, 2011, 12:57 AM
    bertinosd
    3 Attachment(s)
    Where can I buy this handheld shower ?
    It comes with a 72" plastic white hose.
    The hose is leaking from the crimped connector.
    Replacing the washer did not help.
    Local stores (HD, Lowe's, etc) do not carry it.
    Bought similar items online but they did not meet expectations.
    Sometimes the hose is too rigid,
    Sometimes the shower handle is too light/cheap.

Please, help!
  • Feb 26, 2011, 11:45 AM
    Milo Dolezal
    1 Attachment(s)

The shape tells me it looks like old Grohe Relaxa hand-held shower. See the pic. But I may be wrong. It is hard to tell from the photos.

Do you want to buy exactly the same design and color ? There are dozens of hand-held shower heads and hoses made by different manufacturers that will fit your connections. Inexpensive ones you can purchase in Home Depot / Lowe's for under $50.00.
  • Feb 26, 2011, 01:14 PM
    bertinosd
    Comment on Milo Dolezal's post
    I can post more pictures if nencessary. I need a "white" handle/hose. I am NOT looking for a cheap/light weight handle. Just one similar quality to this. I have been at several Home Depot/Lowes. They have very few white handles and they all come with a 60" hose. They sell cheap 72" universal hoses.
  • Feb 26, 2011, 01:57 PM
    massplumber2008

Hi Bertinosd...

The best option for you will probably be to contact/visit a local plumbing supply store... one with a showroom would be best... ;)

At the store, let the salesperson know that you are looking for a high quality WHITE hand-held shower and they should be able to help you.

Good luck!

Mark
  • Feb 26, 2011, 08:03 PM
    Milo Dolezal

White used to be in date back in the 80s. That's why they are so uncommon items these days. Also, good luck getting metal hand-held as most shower heads today are plastic - especially white.

Go to a big, professional supply house, like Ferguson Enterprises. Google them. They are all over. Talk to their salesman. I am sure she will be able to help you...
  • Feb 26, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Fr_Chuck

I know that Invacare ( medical supply company) makes hand held showers that look similar
    invacare hand held shower - Bing
  • Feb 27, 2011, 07:30 AM
    hkstroud
    1 Attachment(s)

• Feb 27, 2011, 10:56 AM
    bertinosd
    OK, I'll try that. Thank you!
  • Feb 27, 2011, 10:57 AM
    bertinosd
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    I live in San Diego. I'll ask around for plumbing stores with showrooms. Thanks !
  • Feb 27, 2011, 10:59 AM
    bertinosd
    Comment on hkstroud's post
    I wish !
    It reads: Massage - Normal - Soft
  • Feb 27, 2011, 11:41 AM
    Milo Dolezal

Since you are in S.D. try these suppliers: Ferguson Enterprises, Pacific Sales, Plumbers Discount Warehouse... Google them... they are all over... Pacific Sales has elaborate showroom... Let us know how you did... Good luck... Milo
  • Mar 12, 2011, 09:56 PM
    bertinosd
    Went to Ferguson in North County. They told me white is out of fashion and I am not going to find it. The guy looked in several catalogs:Delta, Moen, etc and could not find anything similar.