Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Intimate conversation? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=134269)

• Sep 26, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Sassy_55
    Intimate conversation?
    My husband starting talking to a woman -- started business. She used to call him all of the time and now he calls her and talks to her for an hour at a time about his life, favorite vacation spots, his feelings, and everything going on with him at his work. I feel like this is inappropriate behavior. He got mad when one of his kids pointed out that she was up to no good. He had a similar relationship, many years ago, and he was sleeping with her. He claims he hates talking on the phone and won't hardly talk if it is me or his kids or anyone else, with rare exceptions. I asked him if he was talking to his girlfriend tonight because he had talked to her for a very long time, getting to know her better. He was sarcastic and said "that's what some people think." I really am not a jealous person, but he has taken this too far. Am I right to feel this is not appropriate behavior? We have been married over 30 years. Does anyone have any suggestion how to handle this situation? I know if I were doing the same thing he would hit the ceiling.
  • Sep 26, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Next time, you take the phone away from him and hang it up, sounds about right to me. Basically tell him NO, and I would start thinking about being jealous.
  • Sep 26, 2007, 09:59 PM
    MissingHim2Much
    My boyfriend was talking to a girl that he works with on a daily basis and now he lives with her. He left me after 7 years together to be with someone he only knew for a few weeks. I wasn't a jealous person either. Maybe I should've been.
  • Sep 26, 2007, 10:25 PM
    friend4u178
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy_55
    my husband starting talking to a woman -- started out business. she used to call him all of the time and now he calls her and talks to her for an hour at a time about his life, favorite vacation spots, his feelings, and everything going on with him at his work. i feel like this is inappropriate behavior..

I agree , very inappropriate

Quote:

he got mad when one of his kids pointed out that she was up to no good. he had a similar relationship, many years ago, and he was sleeping with her.

So he has cheated on you before?

Quote:

he claims he hates talking on the phone and won't hardly talk if it is me or his kids or anyone else, with rare exceptions. i asked him if he was talking to his girlfriend tonight because he had talked to her for a very long time, getting to know her better. he was sarcastic and said "that's what some people think.".

He sounds very arrogant about it , does he know how it makes you feel or the fact that this really bothers you?

Quote:

i really am not a jealous person, but he has taken this too far. am i right to feel this is not appropriate behavior? we have been married over 30 years. does anyone have any suggestion how to handle this situation? i know if i were doing the same thing he would hit the ceiling.

He certainly has , and I think you have every right to feel peed off. I would suggest you let him know very strenuosly that this is unacceptable behaviour and to not speak so much to this woman. Hopefully it's not too late!
  • Sep 26, 2007, 11:58 PM
    sfgiantsfan916
    If it bothers you he wouldn't do it