Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Alternative Medicine (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How I treat a bad smelling sweat (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=77563)

• Mar 30, 2007, 02:19 PM
    dr bassam hamzeh
    How I treat a bad smelling sweat
    What is the cause of bad smelling sweat and what is the solutionfor this problem
  • Mar 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
    J_9
    Much of it can be attributed to diet. People who eat certain spices tend to have odorous perspirations, as well as people who drink high amounts of alcohol.
  • Apr 5, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Selva
    Exactly diet is the black catl.The persons taking meat particularly beef are much open to this problem. Minimize the number of times you consume non vegetarian stuff. The person who is a vegetarians needs to take much fruits and vegetables to get rid off this problem. Try for a good deo spray.
  • May 31, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Jualsy
    Sweat generally speaking is not smelly when it is fresh. Showering frequently should deal with the smell, though some people sweat profusely naturally.
  • Jun 2, 2007, 05:11 PM
    ActionJackson
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dr bassam hamzeh
    what is the cause of bad smelling sweat and what is the solutionfor this problem

I know that diet can affect body odor. Someone who eats a lot of garlic will smell like garlic often times. Just like a person who drinks a ton of carrot juice will often times turn orange. I generally have a pretty strong odor and standard deodorants or antiperspirants didn't last very long at all with me. About a year or two ago, as I was browsing around my local health food store, I came across a deodorant stick called the Thai Stick (no, not the marijuana kind). That was just the name brand for that particular unit but various companies sell the same thing. It's basically made up of mineral salts. It is hard so it takes some getting used to but all you do is wet it and rub it around under your arms and on your feet if you are so inclined. I tested it's ability to kill odor by not showering for two days straight and it completely eliminated the odor. I don't use anything else now. Another great thing about it is that it is relatively inexpensive and one stone lasts and lasts and lasts. Hi highly recommend it. Go to your local health food store and buy one. You can't lose.
  • Jun 2, 2007, 07:20 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Selva
    persons taking meat particularly beef are much open to this problem. Minimize the number of times you consume non vegetarian stuff.

This is totally new to me. I am a red meat eater BIG TIME and I have no odor, I mean none, no deodorant, no antipersperant.

As stated before, and AJ said it well, diet such as garlic, onions, curry, etc can cause odor problems. But heredity can also.
  • Jun 2, 2007, 08:43 PM
    JoeCanada76
    Solution. Sweat mostly on underarms. One way to control it. Apple cider vinager. You could add this too your diet you could also apply some to your underarms and this will help as well.

2 tablespoons mixed in water. You could do it once a day or even with each meal.

Joe
  • Jun 17, 2007, 11:43 PM
    yug
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dr bassam hamzeh
    what is the cause of bad smelling sweat and what is the solutionfor this problem

What can I do to get rid of my double chin problem?
  • Jun 17, 2007, 11:46 PM
    yug
    Can I eliminate skin tags on my own, without going to the doctors.
  • Jun 18, 2007, 01:43 AM
    JoeCanada76
    Yug,

Do you have a weight problem. Are you overweight. People who tend to be overweight have more sweating issues.
  • Oct 19, 2010, 07:03 AM
    dntmkemelaff
    Comment on Selva's post
    Not particularly beef lol
  • Jan 31, 2012, 01:17 PM
    borgchennai
    I think smelling bad in general and especially from the sweat from the backside of one's ears could be attributed to taking certain medicines. It happened to me after I started taking homeopathic formulations for hives and other skin problems.
  • Jan 31, 2012, 01:18 PM
    borgchennai
    I think smelling bad in general and especially from the sweat from the backside of one's ears could be attributed to taking certain medicines. It happened to me after I started taking homeopathic formulations for hives and other skin problems.