Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Songs (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=484)
-   -   Song with bagpipes or something (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=95682)

• May 25, 2007, 03:26 AM
    cal823
    Song with bagpipes or something
    I vaguely remember a song with bagpipes in it I think... I think its bagpipes, it always liked it, but could never remember its title or much about it... any help? Maybe it was whistling instead of bagpipes...
  • May 25, 2007, 09:44 PM
    WTFO
    You're kidding, right? How could anyone possibly figure this one out. Give us some real info if you want a realistic answer.
  • May 26, 2007, 04:41 AM
    cal823
    I cant, that's all I can remember of it, but it was very catchy
  • May 26, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Neelie
    Any idea how long ago? Paul McCartney did Mull of Kintire 1977and that had bagpipe music.
  • May 26, 2007, 07:56 PM
    NorCal68
    Why oh why did you have to bring up Mull of Kintire?. it took me 25 years to get that song outa my head! LOL
  • May 27, 2007, 03:35 PM
    cal823
    Ummm I don't think it was the sort of song you snap fingers, more the kind you whistle along to.
    I remember hearing it on the radio (I live in australia) multiple times, so it must have been on the charts I guess, I can't imagine that thered be many songs like this on aussie radio.
    p.s- cool name NorCal68
  • May 27, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Ken 297
    There isn't much to go on.
    Could it be Winchester Cathedral?
    Don't know what it has to do with bagpipes though but it was a catchy whistling song.
    How many years ago did you hear it?
  • May 27, 2007, 09:43 PM
    NorCal68
    Just a thought: Any chance you can call the radio station and ask someone about the song?
  • May 27, 2007, 09:49 PM
    LuvMyMaltipoo
    What's the genre of music?
  • May 27, 2007, 09:59 PM
    LuvMyMaltipoo
    I feel like there should be a prize to whoever figures the mystery out first!
  • May 27, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Neelie
    Not quite sure why getting 'mull of Kintire' out of your head essential for your sanity, haha.
  • May 28, 2007, 09:21 PM
    NorCal68
    Well let's see... as I vaguely recall, it was a never-ending-droning kind of slow thing. And when I was the manager of a broadcast station in Colorado, we had a new DJ who was all revved up to do a great job in our rock-oriented station: Very first song he plays for his station debut? Yep! Mull of Kintire! Thought I was going to have a stroke! LOL
    ... and that's part of the reason for my reply!.
  • May 28, 2007, 09:35 PM
    AltaVista
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvMyMaltipoo
    I feel like there should be a prize to whoever figures the mystery out first!

Just a thought: there's a Paranormal section on this site... maybe we could enlist the aid of a qualified Psychic! LOL...
  • May 28, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Skell
    Long Way to the Top - ACDC

Bon Scott's mother lives in Perth too (Perth is in Western Aus where he / she is from people). That is the most famous song I know that has bagpipes and was probably played on a radio station you would listen to.
  • May 29, 2007, 01:12 AM
    samg1965
    Was it The Animals... Sky Pilot? That has a bridge in it with bagpipes.
    Is it a classic rock song you're thinking of?
  • May 29, 2007, 01:33 AM
    samg1965
    List of nontraditional bagpipe usage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hey... Here is a list of where bagpipes have been used in "non-traditional" music. Includes some of the songs mentioned above.
  • Jun 2, 2007, 04:14 AM
    cal823
    Thanks, ill check out the wiki thing and all the mentioned songs and ill see if any ring a bell. Sorry if I haven't been able to provide much info, though keep in mind, if I had a lot of info on it, I probably wouldn't need to ask the question.
  • Jun 12, 2007, 04:31 AM
    marielbane
    Is dropkick murphys played over there? They have loads of bagpipes in their music.
  • Jun 13, 2007, 07:31 PM
    cal823
    You assume I know who dropkick murphys are? Ill look into it
  • Jul 11, 2007, 09:29 AM
    ronnielee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cal823
    i vaguely remember a song with bagpipes in it i think...i think its bagpipes, it always liked it, but could never remember its title or much about it...........any help? maybe it was whistling instead of bagpipes....

Long way to the top.that is the song.:) :)