Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   An old animated film with dogs that used doors that were like portals? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=14859)

• Nov 15, 2005, 01:05 PM
    newenglandcs
    An old animated film with dogs that used doors that were like portals??
    I have been searching for this movie for some time now. I remember watching it when I was between 7-12 years old... I'm 24 now, no I'm not going through a mid-life crisis.

-This movie or possibly a cartoon series was made sometime in the 80's or very early 90's.

Story: From what I remember, the plot of this cartoon involved several dogs, at least 3 or 4. One of the dogs could smell a hidden door, it may have been the same dog, but one of the dogs also had a bunch of keys. That dog would then insert the key into the keyhole(which wouldn't appear until after the key was in) and then the entire door would appear.

The doors were some kind of portals to other places. I don't think it took them to a different time, just a different place.

Besides that, I can remember one of the dogs(possibly the leader/head dog) getting adopted by some young boy.

Also, it may have been the beginning, but I'm not sure. I believe that the movie started with the dog that can find/smell the doors/portals and the leader dog standing on the ledge of some mountain really high up. The "smeller" dog smelled a door that was "so many" feet away from the ledge. The leader dog had to trust the smeller dog and the dog that had the key jumped off the ledge and got the key into the keyhole, unlocking the door and the dogs made it off the ledge safely. They may have been running from someone/something/or the evil villain in the movie, that I'm not sure of.

I would appreciate any information about this cartoon movie. I believe it is a movie, but it was so long ago that I don't remember if it was a movie or cartoon series. A title would be ideal, but any info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Nov 15, 2005, 07:23 PM
    barbarella
    OH my god Oh my god! You've just triggered a flow of memories, I remember every scene you've described but not the title, I'm sure it's a movie. Now you've got me obsessed! Were the dogs different colours? God nostalgia feels good!
  • Nov 15, 2005, 09:35 PM
    barbarella
    They're called the Fluppy Dogs!! My mum can remember the movie! She doesn't know if that's what the movie was called but she know's that was their name. She says they were dogs from another world and used to wear their ears tied in pigtails. Google the name and you'll get heaps of hits. IT doesn't look as exciting as I remember it though.
  • Nov 16, 2005, 02:13 PM
    newenglandcs
    The name didn't ring a bell, but once I searched for it, I found pictures.
    Everyone I asked about the movie said I was nuts. Thank you so much for helping me.

You have put my mind at ease.

Now I have to try to find this on DVD. =)

Thanks again