Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Sex Ed... Your Questions Welcome! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=272922)

• Dec 21, 2010, 06:41 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornapartgirl11 View Post
    I just got a phamplet from the Dr on all methods of bc, and according to that the withdrawal (pullout) method is 70%

IF used correctly and it takes a LOT of practice to use correctly. A man also must know his body VERY well.
  • Dec 21, 2010, 09:55 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornapartgirl11 View Post
    I just got a phamplet from the Dr on all methods of bc, and according to that the withdrawal (pullout) method is 70%

If someone put a gun to your head and said "there's only a 30% chance you'll get shot", would you tell them to go for it? I wouldn't. :rolleyes:
  • Mar 1, 2011, 11:12 AM
    Tnovak74
    To ask this question, I have to play a roll:
    Boy: why won't you have sex with me?
    Girl: I am scared
    Boy: Don't you trust me?
    Girl: yes but I don't want to get pregnant
    Boy: we can use a condom
    Girl: but Im not ready
    Boy: don't you love me?
    Girl: yes, but I'm just not ready
    Boy: what's not to be ready about? I love you, you love me...

What should the girls answer be?
  • Mar 1, 2011, 11:16 AM
    Tnovak74
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    The breastfeeding form of contraception I think is less effective than effective. A few of my friends tried this method and became pregnant within 10 to 20 weeks after giving birth exclusively breastfeeding. Maybe the withdraw combined with breastfeeding would be 99% effective.
  • Mar 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tnovak74 View Post
    to ask this question, I have to play a roll:
    boy: why won't you have sex with me?
    girl: I am scared
    boy: Don't you trust me?
    girl: yes but I don't want to get pregnant
    boy: we can use a condom
    girl: but Im not ready
    boy: don't you love me?
    girl: yes, but I'm just not ready
    boy: whats not to be ready about? I love you, you love me...

what should the girls answer be?

The girl's answer should be "If you love me, then you would respect my decision to stay a virgin until I am ready."
  • Mar 1, 2011, 11:58 AM
    Tnovak74
    Comment on J_9's post
    I like that answer. My 13 year old daughter told me this last night. She hasn't talked to this boy since he brought that up. I hope she's not ready until she's 40 lol.
  • Mar 1, 2011, 02:39 PM
    J_9

She's 13! Wow, as a mother I would be forbidding her to see him AND my husband would probably be on the phone to his parents!

My 17 year old still says she's not ready.
  • Mar 4, 2011, 04:27 AM
    DoulaLC

>>>>>>the breastfeeding form of contraception I think is less effective than effective. A few of my friends tried this method and became pregnant within 10 to 20 weeks after giving birth exclusively breastfeeding. Maybe the withdraw combined with breastfeeding would be 99% effective.

Exclusive breastfeeding is actually one of the most effective means of birthcontrol... but the key is in it being exclusive and frequent.

Fertility may return for some women as soon as a baby starts to spread out feeds on a regular basis... for others, not until more weaning and/or sleeping longer stretches has taken place.

I agree completely with J_9's comment regarding having sex when not ready. The "but we love each other" line is an old standing one to try and talk a girl into having sex when she is reluctant. Her response of "loving and respecting me enough to wait" is the way to go. If the guy balks, and does not respect that decision, he needs to be let go. I hope your daughter sees through this boy if he continues to try and talk her into it. Time to think with her head and not her heart.