Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Global warming, the crisis that didn't happen (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=751861)

• Sep 27, 2013, 07:50 AM
    excon
    Hello again,

I wonder how the round earthers dealt with the flat earthers. At some point, they just ignored them. That's were we are. We're moving ahead despite your lives in la la land.

excon
  • Sep 27, 2013, 03:06 PM
    paraclete
    Yes ex life continues as we know it, at least until 2020 after that you are on your own
  • Sep 30, 2013, 06:24 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

I wonder how the round earthers dealt with the flat earthers. At some point, they just went ahead and ignored them. That's were we are. We're moving ahead despite your lives in la la land.

excon

Interesting comment coming from the side worried about the political fallout over the science not supporting their alarmism.
  • Sep 30, 2013, 07:20 AM
    tomder55
    I think that the latest IPCC report has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence. They are proclaiming increased confidence in their models as the discrepancies between their models and observations increase.

Their excuse for the absence of warming over the past 17 years is that the heat is hiding in the deep ocean. However, this is simply an admission that the models fail to simulate the exchanges of heat between the surface layers and the deeper oceans. However, it is this heat transport that plays a major role in natural internal variability of climate, and the IPCC assertions that observed warming can be attributed to man depend crucially on their assertion that these models accurately simulate natural internal variability. Thus, they now, somewhat obscurely, admit that their crucial assumption was totally unjustified.

Finally, in attributing warming to man, they fail to point out that the warming has been small, and totally consistent with there being nothing to be alarmed about. It is quite amazing to see the contortions the IPCC has to go through in order to keep the international climate agenda going.

[Dr. Richard Lindzen, emeritus Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at MIT.]

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/09/...-the-ipcc-has/
  • Sep 30, 2013, 07:30 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I think that the latest IPCC report has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence. They are proclaiming increased confidence in their models as the discrepancies between their models and observations increase.

Their excuse for the absence of warming over the past 17 years is that the heat is hiding in the deep ocean. However, this is simply an admission that the models fail to simulate the exchanges of heat between the surface layers and the deeper oceans. However, it is this heat transport that plays a major role in natural internal variability of climate, and the IPCC assertions that observed warming can be attributed to man depend crucially on their assertion that these models accurately simulate natural internal variability. Thus, they now, somewhat obscurely, admit that their crucial assumption was totally unjustified.

Finally, in attributing warming to man, they fail to point out that the warming has been small, and totally consistent with there being nothing to be alarmed about. It is quite amazing to see the contortions the IPCC has to go through in order to keep the international climate agenda going.

[Dr. Richard Lindzen, emeritus Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at MIT.]

MIT Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen Rips UN IPCC Report: ‘The latest IPCC report has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence’ — ‘It is quite amazing to see the contortions the IPCC has to go through in order to keep

MIT? Oh they're full of flat earthers.
  • Sep 30, 2013, 07:45 AM
    talaniman
    There is always a calm before the storm. I suggest we keep watching and make preparations just in case.
  • Sep 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    There is always a calm before the storm. I suggest we keep watching and make preparations just in case.

We bought a bag of ice.
  • Sep 30, 2013, 08:25 AM
    smoothy
    I rather like warmer weather myself...
  • Sep 30, 2013, 02:57 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I rather like warmer weather myself....

Yes smoothy but all the ice gathers are going to be out of business
  • Sep 30, 2013, 03:07 PM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes smoothy but all the ice gathers are going to be out of business

Naw... there is that nagging problem of the Polar Ice packs being larger than ever in recorded history... thing like facts get in the way of the average rants of the lefties and environazis..
  • Sep 30, 2013, 03:23 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Naw....there is that nagging problem of the Polar Ice packs being larger than ever in recorded history....thing like facts get in the way of the average rants of the lefties and environazis..

Yes but it is a long way to the poles to gather ice, what we have here is people wanting their own local supply of ice. If they keep going the way they are they just might get it.

What I note is the IPCC haven't noted the advances in coping with their perceived problems just reinteration of the problem, the never ending problem

Personaly I up for a round of shoot the messenger
  • Sep 30, 2013, 03:26 PM
    talaniman
    I would rather focus on the relationship that changing weather patterns have on humans, animals, birds, insects, and all the critters of land, sea and air.

Ever wonder why people build where the forest burns every year? Or in a flood zone? Or a tornado alley? They know its coming, yet the build there any way.
  • Sep 30, 2013, 04:26 PM
    tomder55
    I can say that my house is built in a place that could potentially burn in a forest fire. I wouldn't have it any other way . I am willing to pay the risk in insurance costs . What I would not do is beg the Federal government to pay to rebuild my home in the event of a disaster .
  • Sep 30, 2013, 04:47 PM
    talaniman
    Good luck with the insurance company replacing your home and the stuff in it.

But I hope you and yours don't have to go through it to be honest.
  • Sep 30, 2013, 04:53 PM
    tomder55
    Quote:

Good luck with the insurance company replacing your home and the stuff in it.

But I hope you and yours don't have to go thru it to be honest.

Thanks . I had a house fire related to my fireplace. The insurance company gave me no issues on replacement costs. Nor did they give me issues for damages related to Sandy .
  • Sep 30, 2013, 05:23 PM
    smoothy
    Quote:

I would rather focus on the relationship that changing weather patterns have on humans, animals, birds, insects, and all the critters of land, sea and air.

Ever wonder why people build where the forest burns every year? Or in a flood zone? Or a tornado alley? They know its coming, yet the build there any way.

Weather patterns have existed and have been changing before the first forms of life existed on this planet... and they will be changing eons after the human race has died off... most likely as a result of lowest common denominator interbreeding.
  • Sep 30, 2013, 06:21 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

But I hope you and yours don't have to go thru it to be honest.

Yes been there done that and wouldn't want to do it again, therefore I now live in a house that would take a bulldozer to damage it and I no long live in a area where a serious fire could start. Once I was young and stupid but no more.Today we have fire weather, high winds, higher than average temperatures, school holidays all factors that are high risk
  • Sep 30, 2013, 07:06 PM
    smoothy
    Wait.. the next crisis celeb will be earthquakes are caused by taking too many potatoes out of the ground. Dreamed up By the save the spud federation.
  • Sep 30, 2013, 07:15 PM
    paraclete
    That can only happen where the potato is native so good luck with stopping the consumption of spuds. If you do you will solve two crises, Earthquakes and Obesity

My personal theory is the earthquakes are caused by obese people and therefore we need immediate rationing. One spud a day, meat one day a week, pork only once a month and we must stop murdering the ubicuitous chicken before it attains maturity
  • Oct 1, 2013, 04:50 AM
    speechlesstx
    My house has been in tornado alley for over 60 years and I've been in it over 40, so far it's never been hit by a tornado.