Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dougdabuilder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 10:10 AM
    What do use for threaded cpvc to steel
    A threaded cpvc coupler leads into a threaded steel reducer which in turn leads the hot water (irrelevant) but I have been using teflon tape to wrap around the cpvc's threaded male end to go into the receiving end of the threaded steal reducer.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2011, 10:40 AM

What is problem? Have a leak? What size are u talking about?

Chuck
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 05:47 PM

Yep, teflon tape is the way to go with plastic threads. Actually the only way to go. Liquid pipe dopes are not to be used on plastic threads. If you are experiencing a leak, try a few extra wraps of telfon. If the leak persists, I would suggest trying a new cpvc male adapter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have new threaded stainless steel fittings leaking [ 3 Answers ]

I'm installing stainless steel piping in a drain and pressure release system for jet fuel.(jp-8). I have used blue max pipe dope on some and stailess thread seal tape on some and both on others, and have numerous leaks on all applications. The system can't be down long enough for locktite 243 to...

Copper to cpvc threaded connections [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can I connect cpvc threaded pipe adapters directly to corresponding male or female threaded copper adapters, and, using suitable pipe dope, get good reliable joints? I know there are threaded copper-to-glue cpvc conversion connectors available, but I have on hand a number of copper and cpvc...

Male Brass to Female CPVC Threaded Connections [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, I have been coming to this site for quite a while and this is the first time I have signed up and posted... My questions is in regards to a bathroom I am remodeling... The shower valves are Danze and I have a main shower valve and a 4-port diverter valve that goes to a rain...

CPVC threaded coupling to Brass nipple is leaking [ 5 Answers ]

I just installed a new sink in my garage using CPVC for the plumbing run. Never used CPVC before. Where I came through the wall, I used a CPVC female threaded fitting with ears on it to fasten to the wall stud. I then screwed a 4" brass nipple to it with teflon tape and attached the valve to the...

New shower valve has threaded unions, old one has non-threaded soldered supply lines [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new bath/shower two handle 8" spaced valve unit. It has threaded supply unions, but the supply lines are not threaded. What do I need to convert the lines? Can I install stop valve and flexible lines to the threaded valve body hot/cold connections?

View more questions Search