Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   2 year old house - No Hot water in Bath tub - Everywhere else is fine (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=310019)

• Jan 28, 2009, 07:02 PM
    TigerP
    2 year old house - No Hot water in Bath tub - Everywhere else is fine
    I just closed this house on last Friday and realized today that there is no hot water in bath tub. No one was living in the house for last 6 months and house is 2 year old. Cold water runs fine. In same bathroom, sink - hot & cold water works fine and everywhere else in the house.

In other bathroom also (master bathroom).. hot water pressure was very low but at least.. it was coming.

Can u . Help me .

-John
  • Jan 28, 2009, 07:47 PM
    afaroo

Hi John,

What is the brand model number of your bath tub faucet or if you can post a picture, Thanks.

John
  • Jan 28, 2009, 07:54 PM
    TigerP
    Thanks ! I will send u tomorrow either pic or model details.

Thanks again !
  • Jan 29, 2009, 10:46 AM
    TigerP
    It looks like this :

Delta Faucet 1323 Single Lev Shower Faucet

Cna u . Help.. what needs to be done !
  • Jan 29, 2009, 03:32 PM
    drumerboy33

Probably the port on the cartridge is got sediment in it, turn water off to house pull handle, to get to cartridge, becarefull don't drop the springs and washer cups, take apart slowly, check for sediment and rebuild with delta kit , home depot will have the kit, ask for delta kit for shower valve
  • Jan 29, 2009, 03:57 PM
    massplumber2008
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hi TigerP

Check out the link below:

Product Documentation : Customer Support : Delta Faucet

Or click on the Models 1300 1400 5a03[1]pdf file at the bottom left for a specification sheet to your faucet.

Most likely, the hot water seat has gotten stuck from not using over the last 6 months and you will need to pull the valve apart and pull the SEATS and SPRINGS (see picture) and install a new set.

Here, shut water off to the valve and remove the trim from around the valve... then remove the bonnet and the temp. limiting device (note where this is aligned to so you can set back to proper placement) and then disassemble per specification sheet. Then go to home depot or Lowe's and purchase replacement seats and springs. Do not purchase the universal seats and springs, stick with the delta part #RP4993. Then install seats and springs and see if that repaired things... ;)

If you have time, while you have the seats and springs out remove the rest of the parts and pulse the water on/off to clear any sediment that may be clogging things up... ok? Then reassemble and see from there

Let us know how you make out...

MARK
  • Feb 1, 2009, 08:24 AM
    TigerP
    Is there anyone available in zip code 19460 or nearby to help me. I will pay for service.
  • Feb 1, 2009, 08:35 AM
    massplumber2008
    Tiger, if you cannot fix this problem with the information provided then I recommend that you call your local plumbing inspector and ask him to recommend a good plumber in your area... OFF the record... ;)

Otherwise, you could also call a local plumbing supply house and talk to the counter guys. They should know the name of a couple good plumbers that can help.

Good luck.

MARK
  • Feb 1, 2009, 11:39 AM
    TigerP
    I am so sorry folks. Just double checkd.. it is MOEN

Moen T2449 Tub/Shower Trim Kit

Plumber is asking $150 to replace cartridges. Too much money. I will give a shot. Can someone . Send me link.. step step guide to fix hot water issue,

-John
  • Feb 1, 2009, 08:36 PM
    afaroo

Hello Tiger,

For you information all Moen product has life time warranty , call Moen customer service at 800-822-0116 and ask them what you need they will send it to you for free.

Your cartridge P/N is 1222, attach is the PDF file will show all the parts and also a link to show how to replace the cartridge, I hope this will help you if you need more info please let me know, Thanks.

John

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/T2449pt.pdf

Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1224 Cartridge