Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Payroll (
-   -   W2 errors (

  • Mar 27, 2009, 07:10 AM
    W2 errors
    I am working a temp job at a University in Michigan and I am trying to correct there W2 filing for 2008. The short background they switched from Ceridian doing payroll do a in house system in Aug 2008. The problem I currently have is during the upload of data from Ceridian to Banner software, any terminated employee who had anything in Box 12 including 403b & imputed income for group term life over $50k did not print. The numbers in all of the boxes this affects are corrected but this is missing. Do I need to do a corrected W2 for the missed information in Box 12? The file that was submitted to SSA did not have this information either, any suggestions would be terrific.

    Left holding the ball
  • Mar 29, 2009, 04:21 PM

    You do need to do corrected W-2's for those affected by this.

    You will have to contact Ceridian and they can send you a payroll report with the amounts at the time of the transfer. You can than figure out from that what they should be for the rest of the year from your own payroll reports. Add the amounts from their and yours for the totals.


  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.