Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmontague0205 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 03:03 AM
    How do I network virtual machines in a client/server configuration?
    Currently, on my host machine I am running Windows 7. I have VirtualBox installed, and I'm trying to network Windows 2003 and Windows XP as virtual machines. Is this possible? I've set up the Domain Controller which is (10.0.0.2), but when I try to connect Windows XP (10.0.0.3) it is unable to find the domain. I also tried to ping one VM to the other to no avail. I have them set up as "internal network" in the VM network configurations. Tried Googleing and looking at VirtualBox manual with no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 10:51 AM

Do you have any other roles on that server setup?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Mar 21, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Virtual box allows fro bridging of a network connection and for NAT. Except for blade type implementations it is not a good practice to run mutable virtual machines from the same computer simultaneously especially if one will be used as a server including a domain controller.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2008 Server and RAID configuration [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm creating a storage server with Server 2008 Std. and it has 8 physical drives that are 1 TB each. I would like to have a C: drive partition that is 30GB and the remaining drives as another partition. What would be the best RAID configuration to apply?

Adding my Virtual XP machine to the domain on my virtual server issues! [ 20 Answers ]

OK. Here is the deal. As many of you may or may not have realized by now, I utilize the features of M$ VPC 2007. I currently have Windows Server 2003 installed and running. I have created a domain on this server and desiganted this VPC as the domain controller hence AD was installed. My domain name...

Wireless Network Adapter not showing up in Virtual Server! [ 5 Answers ]

Here's the breakdown: I have Virtual PC 2007 I have Windows Server 2003 installed When I go into Network adapters (on the virtual PC) my Wirless Card is not being shown. I have enabled Virtual Services on the adapter via Network and Sharing Center/Manage Network Connections/My...

Web server in virtual PC [ 3 Answers ]

In my virtual PC I have apache server; how can I access my vitual web server with my real machine(not virtual)

What are virtual machines? [ 2 Answers ]

Are virtual machines hardware or software dependents?

View more questions Search