Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StNerevar Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Oct 26, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Trying to fill out.
    Hey guys, I'm 5'11'' and only weigh 150lbs. I've been getting tired of my thin body style and am trying to fill out into my body a little more. I'd like to gain some pounds of muscle so I fit into my body better. Just tired of the small thin little guy thing. I've bought some protein shakes and am up to 120g of protein per day. I'm working out about 4 days a week right now. What else can I do to help me gain some weight in muscle? Any recommendations?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 05:33 AM

If the 120g of protein a day is all you eat eating, then you need more. The only way to get muscle is to eat more calories than your body normally needs, while lifting heavy weights.

Most bodybuilders would start at 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, so you should be looking at 150g of protein a day, plus plenty of healthy fats, and a reasonable amount of complex carbs like brown rice and sweet potato. Whey is good, but make sure you are getting enough real food too.

In the gym, lift heavy. Pick the weight that will just about let you finish eight reps of a particular exercise. If you can do ten, you need to increase the weight. Start with three sets of eight reps and go from there.

Concentrate on lifts like squats, deadlifts, bench press, pull-ups, dips, lunges, bent over rows, stiffleg deadlifts, pullovers. At this stage, don't worry about biceps curls or isolation moves. You need to hammer the big muscle groups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet continues to fill but it does not fill [ 4 Answers ]

My toilet continues to fill and fill but it never does get filled. I googled this and found a lot of help and have searched this forum but I couldn't find an answer. - I noticed a leak at the top of the tower which has the rod then the ball thing attached to it, I tightened those screws at the...

Bathtub Dap-out -- to fill or not to fill in? [ 5 Answers ]

Here is my situation: I have a house on a concrete slab that unfortunately sits right on top of an underground spring (we have several springs on the property). This was discovered by finding 4-6 inches of water throughout the entire finished basement (and destroying everything down there) right...

Fill 'er up [ 6 Answers ]

The tank on my toilet was working just fine up until a couple of days ago. Now the water pressure that fills it is so low it's taking FOREVER to get it full again. What could be the cause & how can I fix this?

Fill in the Gap [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I have just replaced an old shower tray with a new one, however the new one is a tad smaller (760x760x90) than the old one. Once I replaced the pipe, waste trap and had the tray in position, it became apparent there were gaps at the back and to the left of the cubicle. My question...

View more questions Search