Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Other Law (
-   -   How do I correct a civil judgement in court Maryland (

  • Mar 7, 2019, 08:53 AM
    How do I correct a civil judgement in court Maryland
    In 2008, I paid restitution in full and part of my plea agreement. In 2019 I receive an order of Expungement on the case. When I checked the court system case search, it still showed the restitution as unpaid. Should the restitution part have been expunged too and how can I get it this judgment converted as paid in full and secondly, how can I get this item removed from public view. It should have been converted to a civil judgment because I paid this off 11 years ago.
  • Mar 7, 2019, 09:04 AM
    Civil Judgement
    How do I get a civil judgment remove from public view in Maryland. I paid the judgment in 2008. It still shows as unpaid and this item should not have been added as unpaid. I have receipts and all records showing I paid
  • Mar 7, 2019, 10:02 AM
    You could probably take your receipts and other evidence such as your letters from the court to the clerk in that court and ask they update or correct the record. They can also explain how that expungement works.
  • Mar 7, 2019, 01:00 PM
    Where is it showing up?

    If it is showing up on a credit report you merely contest it, and provide the proof and it should be removed.

    If it is from 1 of 1000 background check companies, they got the old information but never received an update and it will float around some of those companies almost forever.

    So the question where is it showing up
  • Mar 7, 2019, 02:03 PM
    It's showing up on the courts website and its showing as not being paid although its paid in full and was paid 11 years ago. How can I get it removed from the courts record?
  • Mar 7, 2019, 02:05 PM
    Thank you for the reply, I did take my receipts to the clerk of the court and they said they could not help me.
  • Mar 7, 2019, 07:03 PM
    No, it is not the court, their records just show there was a law suit and the judges ruling should also be included in court documents. It is public record that it happened and the ruling should also be in record.

    The question is, whose report is showing it open?

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 AM.