Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Networking (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Vpn with ipsec connection (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=89055)

• May 4, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Laith
    Vpn with ipsec connection
    Dear sir,

I am a system engineer, I have the following problem ( is not solved even by expert who is paid for that)
    I have a lan( 3 Linux servers + 1 win2k server), lan has a gateway zyxel p-661HW-D1 which is configured to accept remote user vpn Ipsec connection, remote user has zywall remote security client software to create Ipsec direct connection to the lan ( gateway of remote client has no any role as the software zywall said), I can make connection to the Lan gateway but I never see the resources behind, I have try to disable the firewall of Lan gateway but no way, have you any Idea and what is the real and simple solution for my situation?

Thanks in advance

Laith
  • May 7, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Press2Esc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Laith

the lan has a gateway zyxel p-661HW-D1 which is configured to accept remote user vpn Ipsec connection

Sounds to me like the router is config'd as a VPN passthru to the server(s) versus a termination point for the VPN tunnel. Which is it?

Of course, IPSec needs to be used on both ends of the tunnel...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laith
    I can make connection to the Lan gateway but I never see the resources behind, I have try to disable the firewall of Lan gateway but no way... Laith

Does this translate to - you can access the ZyXEL router, but you are unable to access the server(s)?

Can all the servers get online?
    Can you successfully PING the server(s) from inside the ZyXEL?
    Are you using a public or private static IP for the server(s)?

In whole, exactly what are you trying to accomplish? :confused:

P2E
  • May 8, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Laith
    Dear P2E

Yes as remote user I can access the router but I can not access the servers . As a reply to your questions:

Yes all the servers are online.

I can ping the servers in their netbios names and in their IP address from inside ZyXel.

Servers have only private IP adresses 10.0.0...

I want to accomplish:

Remote user with ZYWALL can access all the servers.

For your information:

1- I have created a VPN policy on ZyXEL router with global setting to let all netbios packets pass through.
    2- I set up the remote user withZYWALL and with all setting as in the router ZyXEL VPN Policy.
    3- I can see the connection on the remote user laptop but I can not map any resources inside lan.
  • May 8, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Press2Esc
    Rather than open/forward the VPN port, I believe you need to terminate the VPN tunnel at the ZyXEL.

Why NetBIOS? Having probs w/conventional ethernet/802.3 porotocol?

So the servers are LAN (vs WAN) based servers?

IM/email me if you'd like.

P2E