Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   I'd like some opinions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=564787)

• Mar 26, 2011, 12:26 AM
    shazamataz

Looks good Binx.

The photo is showing up fine on my laptop, but my screen is very bright.

I love the FAQ page, very well thought out.
  • Mar 27, 2011, 07:29 PM
    binx44

Thank you shaz. I planned on working on it more this weekend, but instead I went out and spent the weekend with my boyfriend. We took ryu to the beach. (pictures posted on fb) so I plan on getting back to working on the website more Tuesday, (ive got to paint a wall for my aunt, she has cancer and is too sick to do it herself :( )
  • Mar 29, 2011, 02:38 PM
    binx44

Some changes have been made to the website, some FAQ's added. Just thought I'd let you all know
  • Mar 29, 2011, 02:45 PM
    cdad

Gald you added how to use the site as it will encourage others.

One tiny problem. Maybe either make a link directly to your email in those spots or make the email at location page larger so its easier to pick out. Just a suggestion.
  • Mar 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Wondergirl

More editing --

These bulldogs were selected for performance and resistance to harsh working conditions. It is most probable that the breed[']s gene pool contains a mixture of indigenous dogs (curs), and the dogs that came with each successive invader (the Spanish and [F]rench mastiffs and other bulldogs)[.]

Another [v]ersion of the history of the Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is that its origins are in the recently extinct breed of bulldog called the Mountain Bulldog. These dogs were first brought to America in the 18th [c]entury. This breed of bulldog was continuously bred for utility and stamina[,] unlike their "English" [counterparts], [w]hether it [was for] guard work, farm work[,] or as a family companion. Being bulldogs of mostly European [descent,] they were not well suited to the warmer climates of the south and were crossed with cur-like dogs.
    The cur-type dogs they used are believed to be the result of crosses themselves. Between breeds like Spanish Mastiff-type [w]ar dogs, [t]he Great Dane, and generic Indian curs (such as the Catahoula red-wolf) which roamed the American South[This previous phrase is only part of a sentence -- what does it belong to?] Farmers and ranchers used these Cur/Bulldog dogs for hunting wild cattle, feral hogs, bears[,] and coons [in addition to using them for] protection and family pets.
  • Mar 30, 2011, 06:47 AM
    martinizing2
    Quote:

Martinizing. i never thought about that. i paid 2k for my pup :S but they do drop as low as 900 in some places.
    feel free to take a look at my photo album, i've got a few pictures of him up. though there are also some on the site. i'm glad you enjoyed learning about them. thank you

If I'd have paid 2k for a pup I would have thought about it a lot.
    I consider that to qualify as "Expensive"
    But I would bet after a few days with him I would forget about the cost and
    Start counting up the rewards.

Dogs are like that.
  • Mar 30, 2011, 06:51 AM
    shazamataz

One of mine was close to 2k, another was free (home-bred).
    My latest little munchkin was well over a thousand and I only half own him (co-owned with his breeder).

The right dog has no price.
  • Mar 30, 2011, 04:17 PM
    binx44

Thanks calif, wonder, and shazzy your right. The right dog has no price :)
  • Mar 30, 2011, 04:19 PM
    binx44

Martinizing I forgot about his price hours after seeing his face for the first time lol. I got to see him 2 weeks after he was born.

Wonder. Done the editing for your corrections, thank you. I also fixed the sentence which didn't seem like it fit in there, I checked my notes and realized I was missing part of the sentence
  • Mar 31, 2011, 04:14 AM
    martinizing2
    Quote:

Martinizing I forgot about his price hours after seeing his face for the first time lol. I got to see him 2 weeks after he was born.
    I can understand the "price be damned" attitude after you get them, my yorkie Muttley is priceless.
    But I may have hesitated at two grand before I had him for a while. But once I saw him it was done,
    He is too cute to resist plus his personality is amazing.