Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cars & Trucks (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   96 t/c Will not start (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=28296)

• Jun 25, 2006, 08:47 AM
    rd68
    96 t/c Will not start
    I have a 96 t/c that will not start and it sounds like the fuel pump is not kicking on.Do I need to drop the gas tank to take out the old one or is it somewere else. And does this have a reset switch on it if so where is it.Or should I replace my fuel filter.
  • Jun 25, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Dr D
    Is that a 96 Tom Cat, or something else? First check your fuel pump fuse to make sure it is good. If you can disconnect the harness to the fuel pump you can make sure that you are getting voltage to the pump when the key is on. If yes, then the pump is probably shot. Quite often you should be able to hear the pump run with the key on. Some vehicles allow removal of pump without dropping the tank, on others, you must. Go to the library and see Mitchells Repair Manual (in book form or computer). They are very comprehensive and will tell you exactly what to do. Mitchells saved me injury by instructing me to drill a hole and pin the large gear section on a window regulator when replacing a power window motor on my Chevy truck. A friend of mine almost lost a finger doing the same job without proper information. You are having extraordinary bad luck with your vehicles. Good luck.
  • Jun 25, 2006, 11:36 AM
    rd68
    Sorry 'bout the t/c it's a chrysler town & country.LOL And no I'm not having good luck with my cars.We are down to one vehicle and it's a 98 ranger plus we have two kids.
  • Jun 25, 2006, 04:01 PM
    Dr D
    With such a full plate, I am amazed that you find the time to work on the vehicles. Going back to your other post on the 86 Mustang; if it does indeed have an overheating problem after all that you have done, the last straw could be clogged water passages in the block, that might require some type of power flush to dislodge. By the way, what does LOL mean. I have gotten that on some e-mails, and have been reluctant to ask until now. Hang in there with the car problems. Things have to get better.
  • Jun 26, 2006, 05:41 AM
    rd68
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr D
    With such a full plate, I am amazed that you find the time to work on the vehicles. Going back to your other post on the 86 Mustang; if it does indeed have an overheating problem after all that you have done, the last straw could be clogged water passages in the block, that might require some type of power flush to dislodge. By the way, what does LOL mean. I have gotten that on some e-mails, and have been reluctant to ask until now. Hang in there with the car problems. Things have to get better.

LOL means (Laugh out loud) And thanks for your answers on everything I did flush out the motor and it's doing fine now.And again thanks a lot for your help you really stuck with me on this problem.