Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ewyatt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 09:00 AM
    Nordyne Intertherm electric furnace will not turn on
    I live in a mobile home that has a Intertherm electric furnace by Nordyne. It is a single motor 240 volt 60 hz 1/6 hp. The BTUH is 53,000. 65.5 total amps, min cir amps 82, max over current protection 90.

Model # FEH-015HA-04

My furnace had problems last year. The thermostat wouldn't work. Replaced it, that's fine now. The furnace wouldn't shut itself off. You had to do it manually. This year the until won't turn on at all, even manually, including the blower itself. Any ideas what it could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I checked the Nordyne website, but found nothing.

Elizabeth
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2012, 05:18 AM
    Does the gas valve open and start? It sounds like you had a bad fan switch which is attached to the front of the heat exchanger. It's a long (6"x2") box with silver or beige cover that has one screw at bottom. Either 3 or 4 wires go into it. One set goes to the fan switch part and one goes to the hi-limit and has a reset button. It has a dial with three settings on it in the form of two sliding tabs (pointers) and one fixed hi-limit. You can manually gently turn the dial and make the switch open or close. Test this with an ohm meter and see if left-hand side opens and closes the switch on left. If not, remove and take off wires and label them. It has a rod that extends into heat exchanger that must be matched when buying a new one. You will find plenty of them at an HVAC supply house. There are some furnaces with another type of fan switch, but Intertherm should still use this type. The other type is a disk type: Disc Hi Limit Switch L140 Manual Reset fits many Gas El. Pellet Stoves Furnace on eBay! where you will have two, usually, a fan switch and a hi-limit. Here is a picture:
    This is the regular type found in most Intertherm furnaces. (See: http://inspectapedia.com/heat/FanLimitSwitch.htm )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find the model number on a nordyne/intertherm electric a/c heat unit [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I find the model number on a nordyne/intertherm electric a/c heat unit split level? Thank you for your response

Nordyne electric furnace [ 0 Answers ]

I tried to install a relay to bring on my blower motor which is a good motor. However I have 24 volts that energizes the relay therefore closing the high voltage circuit going to the blower. The common leg is still going to the breaker and the speed tap is hooked to my relay. However the blower...

Nordyne electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne 2 stage electric furnace model E1EB-015H we changed the thermostat 3 years ago using a Honeywell RTH8500D. Since this was done we have had trouble every year. I have had Technicians out each season to work on the unit and they get it working until it is time to change from heat to...

Intertherm/Nordyne furnace - not igniting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 20-yr old furnace (old model# G6 RC080C). No blue flame through the burner view port, so assume that the ignitor is bad. There are no issues with gas supply. Is it simply a matter of getting an ignitor kit and replacing the old one? Or is there a possible issue with the control board?

Nordyne e2 electric furnace with ac [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have an nordyne e23h012hn electric furnace, the control board is burnt and evaporator fan will not come on, replaced board and it burnt up to. The circuit on the board that burnt is the common line voltage to the fan, could it be the fan motor shorted causing this problem . Thanks chris ...

View more questions Search