Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quatro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Nordyne electric furnace
    I have a Nordyne 2 stage electric furnace model E1EB-015H we changed the thermostat 3 years ago using a Honeywell RTH8500D. Since this was done we have had trouble every year. I have had Technicians out each season to work on the unit and they get it working until it is time to change from heat to AC or Ac to heat.

The problem is that the heating coils and fan want to run constently. This summer I had disconnected the coils so that the A/C would work, which worked fine except the fan ran constently. Now I need the heat to work and it will except the heating coils want to stay on and again the fan is constently running. I plan on changing the fan relay tomorrow.

Any other sugguestions would be appreciated.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2009, 07:25 PM

Check the mode of the thermostat (fan/off/auto). In the off position the fan should not run. In the on position is should run all the time. In the auto position it should run if you have a call for heat or call for cool.

With Electric heat, the thermosat controls the fan thus:

Disconnect G at the furnace and see if the fan stops.

If it doesn't suspect the fan relay. If it does, suspect the thermostat or wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have A Nordyne Gas furnace in my home, work up this morning to a cold house. I can't find my manual to troubleshoot the problem. Status light is blinking twice. I can get furnace to work by by-passing the pressure switch w/jumper wire. Could the problem be the Combustion blower assembly. This...

Nordyne Electric Furnace Heating Element [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have A Nordyne Electric Furnace- model# E2EH-012HA, and the heating element stays hot Even with thermostat in the off position, and, of course, the blower runs also with the element remaining hot. I have to turn the breaker off to stop the element from heating. Any help would be...

Nordyne furnace not igniting [ 3 Answers ]

Can a problem with natural gas pressure cause furnace problems? I have a Nordyne that since the city had a pressure problem does not ignite- no heat! Furnace repair man says that it is the sensor. Can this be caused by low gas pressure? Troube board on the furnace flashes 4 times indicating low...

Nordyne furnace trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne furnace, and the furnace got stuck in it's cycle. The vent blower would come on and that's it, so I had the circuit board replaced. Now, the a/c works but the furnace cycle won't even start. The light on the board just blinks twice. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Nordyne e2 electric furnace with ac [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have an nordyne e23h012hn electric furnace, the control board is burnt and evaporator fan will not come on, replaced board and it burnt up to. The circuit on the board that burnt is the common line voltage to the fan, could it be the fan motor shorted causing this problem . Thanks chris ...

View more questions Search