Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Games (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Online l33ts UNITE! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=40193)

• Nov 1, 2006, 05:56 AM
    Sentra
    Online l33ts UNITE!
    Are you a gamer? Do you like to game? Do you have the habit of checking raid or guild status less than 3 minutes after you wake up in the morning? Do you go on bounty hunts only to answer the phone with, "Hold on a sec, we're about to get smoked!" or something similar? What games do you play? Have you ever used acronyms and ONLY acronyms for an entire conversation? Do you schedule your day to day activities around raid times or farming? Do you put reminders on your cell or calendar for a countdown to when that next awesome game comes out? Do you get on TeamSpeak, Skype, Ventrilo or chat with a microphone online?

Tell all!! :D Got any cool stories, funny stories about your onling gaming experience?

My answers are:

Yes. YES. No... ok, only if I have time. Did it ONCE, OK? All kinds. Yep, ha. Not really. What, you don't? Sometimes. And yes...

We gathered a group for exp and quest items on EQ1, headed for Kurns' Tower. I had a dark elf cleric, and was the only healer in the group.

... Yeah. Anyhoo, another caster showed up and started healing me even though he wasn't in the group. Well the evil panda bears started chasing me around (about 9 of them, and they kept spawning) and I wouldn't stop running and ended up doing laps around the lower levels of the tower. I NEVER fell in any of the holes, and for a good 5 minutes just kept having to run, and every time I passed my group they'd emote a wave or a laugh, even a mourn or two while they sat there and medded. Well, they kept screaming over chat, "Stop running or else we can't heal you!!"

I knew what was coming, so I stopped, and we all died, because they made the inky stop running. They could have left the tower with only me getting the worst of it, and I would have trained it all the way out but the newbs were lower than lvl. 15 up there and none of them deserved to get trampled by my panicky stampede.

Yeah... good times. :p

I need to find those screenshots...
  • Nov 1, 2006, 06:19 AM
    Thomas1970
    Funniest thing that happened to me relatively recently. Fighting the Carthaginians in Rome Total War, I unleashed my flaming pigs. The enemy elephants panicked, started running amok, and a few flaming pigs got flung quite a distance down the battlefield. Pretty twisted humor. :D
  • Nov 1, 2006, 05:39 PM
    Sentra
    I am bumping this because I don't know where else on this board the phrase 'flaming pigs' would be found. :-D
  • Nov 2, 2006, 04:06 PM
    Curlyben
    "phL4m1n9 P19z" wH@ r j00 74Lk1N9 4B0u7 ?
  • Nov 2, 2006, 06:32 PM
    Thomas1970
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlyben
    "phL4m1n9 P19z" wH@ r j00 74Lk1N9 4B0u7 ?

= "'Flaming pigs' Who are you talking about?"
    Now, now... Let's keep it civil. :D
  • Nov 3, 2006, 04:44 AM
    Sentra
    Tip: Never get a group to kill a trash mob unless you bring a healer.

I smell bacon on this thread!