Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    ksn8908's Avatar
    ksn8908 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 9, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Father hasn't paid Child support in 9 months, hasn't seen her in 3 years..
    I was in an abusive relationship with him and I eventually got out. He is court ordered to pay child support, but I have not received any in 9 months (after getting it for only a few months) and he has not seen or spoken to her since she was 2 months old. She is now 3 years old. I live in Arkansas now, but she was born in Kansas, and he still lives there. Anything I can do to revoke his rights so that he cannot come back later and try to get her?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Feb 9, 2012, 11:57 AM
    NO, you can make sure child support enforcement tries to get all the money possible, perhaps garnish his wages. If you marry and your new partner wishes to adopt, he will still have to sign his rights for that.

    You can keep evidence of the abuse, copies of police reports, copy of arrest reports and the such to prove his character to the court. You keep records of any visit or calls and payments, to prove what he is not doing. So if he tries you can fight it.
    ksn8908's Avatar
    ksn8908 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 9, 2012, 12:02 PM
    Is there legal evidence that I cant? Or are you just saying no. some states you can
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Feb 9, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Where did you get the idea that in some states you can? You might want to read this:

    While there are laws that allow it, from a practical standpoint courts will not grant a TPR except in certain circumstances. Your local court is likely to just tell you that since he isn't exercising his rights why bother terminating them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex-husband hasn't paid child support in over 16 years. [ 3 Answers ]

I no longer live in Florida but he does. After not paying for 16 years ( for two children ) Isn't this considered a felony? What can I do. I still have a case number with the Clerk of Court. Can he be arrested?

Can I file child abandonment warrant? My exhusband hasn't paid 5 months child support [ 2 Answers ]

It's been five months and he now owes $9,000 and refuses to pay. I filed a contempt of court order paperwork and the law has made four attempts to serve him but was unsuccessful. What can I do next? Can I file a child abandonment warrant or just file another contempt of court paperwork again until...

Florida child support laws for a non-constodial parent that hasn't paid in 12 months. [ 0 Answers ]

My x has shared custody of our child. He hasn't seen him in over 4 years. He stopped paying child support oner 12 months ago. The IRS law says that he can't claim the child because he has not contributed to his welfare for at least 6 months of the year, yet the court says that he can claim our...

I haven't paid child support in 2 years but I want to make up and see my son [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't paid child support in 2 years but I want to make up and see my son he is 4 now I had been in courts for two years before hand and I only got 3hours a week and she never shows up but I want to be apart of my sons life can anyone help me in how I go about it my solicitor won't give me my...

Ex hasn't seen daughter in 18 months, and has paid no child support [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my ex hasn't seen my daughter since March 2008. I have full physical custody and, we share legal custody. He was ordered to pay child support in May 2008. The judge also stated I could have the support payments start from the day I petioned the papers and, that he would also have to pay...

View more questions Search