Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Maybe you need to call the vet in the morning. If the antibiotics aren't working, you may need to go ahead with the biopsy.
    Nickydoglover Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Sep 9, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Well how do I know weather or not the antibiotics are working? This will be his 5th pill tonight, to a day. I am still awaiting for his PTH test results to come back, so this lump on his neck could just be an abscess and his calcium level being high could be due to a hormone disfunction, cause the vet I used said it was unusual to have a lymph node swollen on the neck, and it is highly unlikely that that lymph node could be cancer(lymphoma). And if it is cancer I will have to make the decision to put him down, it pains me to even consider or to think about doing this to my puppy but there comes a time when I have to time about what's best for him and me. The treatment for lymphoma isn't cheap and I have already spent all my savings on his medical bills. Any advice...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 07:54 PM
    If the antibiotics are working, you should see some change in the lump soon.
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 10, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickydoglover
    Could anyone give me any ideas on how to give my dog amoxicillin. These are big caplets and i know he will not take them hidden in food. Can I open the pill and pour the powder down his throat? I will appreciate any ideas anyone has, thanks
    Place your hands on the top of the dogs snout with the index and middle finger on one side and your thumb on the other... Press inwards causing the mouth to open.. with other hand push pill into back of dogs mouth... remove hand and hold mouth closed while massaging throat, dog will swallow... mission complete... slathering a pill in cream cheese works very often as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can Somewon Teach Me A Card Trick? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I'm sorry to waste your time but I've just bought a packet of cards and I thought I know I'll go to help desk to find out some card tricks!! So if you don't mind could somwon teach me a trick or recommend a website that would! Thank you.:cool:

Fantasy/horror movie with trick ending [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out what the title of a movie is that I saw in the 80's on a cable station. All I saw was the ending, and it involved a boy waking up from a terrible nightmare (which apparently was the whole movie). He goes to his kitchen and maybe chats with someone. He returns to his...

Royalty Card Trick [ 3 Answers ]

If you guys want to learn about this nifty card trick read on! Just let me know if you want me to post more on here! :) The Royalty Card Trick 1. Grab a deck of playing cards 2. Pull out all of Aces, Kings, Queens, and Jacks and set the rest of the deck aside (since you wont use that deck...

How to on this magic trick [ 10 Answers ]

I was bored one day and decided to look on YouTube at some magic tricks. I found this guy, and I was wondering how this trick was done. http://www.youtube.com/v/-MLPS9Zq2nM It's about 8 minutes long and mostly in Japanese, but you don't really need to know what they're saying. Any insight...

Trick Drain Leak [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for some assurance from any plumbing veterans out there. I am in the process of remodeling a house that has an occasional leak from the 2nd floor shower. According to the former residents, the leak doesn't occur so long as nobody is in the shower, but as soon as someone stands in...

View more questions Search