Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dogs (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   Parvo (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=714284)

• Nov 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
    tickle
    With olde dogs, Pandu, their immune systems are pretty well established therefore making it more unlikely they will get parvo, but with pups they are not.

If you live in India, there was a severe outbreak of rabies there, and they were shooting all dogs they could find. So I tend to think that in your country, people are ignorant of issues with dogs. Are there actually good vets in India ?

So, you live in India ?
  • Nov 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
    pandu1089
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    with olde dogs, Pandu, their immune systems are pretty well established therefore making it more unlikely they will get parvo, but with pups they are not.

If you live in India, there was a severe outbreak of rabies there, and they were shooting all dogs they could find. So I tend to think that in your country, people are ignorant of issues with dogs. Are there actually good vets in India ?

So, you live in India ?

Neither the vets nor the people are ignorant of dogs here. I don't trust the vets in the place which I live. Right now rabies is in good control. They shot street mutts not pet dogs. So you say that I should adopt an older dog.ok,can you mention the specific age?
  • Nov 25, 2012, 07:04 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pandu1089 View Post
    neither the vets nor the people are ignorant of dogs here. i don't trust the vets in the place which i live. right now rabies is in good control. they shot street mutts not pet dogs. so you say that i should adopt an older dog.ok,can you mention the specific age?

Doesn't have to be breed specific. You can adopt a mixed
    Breed. Just as good. In still a la or a golden are excellent choices.
  • Nov 25, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Lucky098
    Pandu, anything a year or older will work for you.
  • Nov 26, 2012, 04:41 AM
    pandu1089
    Quote:

breed. Just as good. In still a la or a golden are excellent choices.

Well then I'll be going for a lab
    Thank you.
  • Nov 26, 2012, 04:43 AM
    pandu1089
    Quote:

breed. Just as good. In still a la or a golden are excellent choices.

Will I have to worry about things other than parvo? (I meant ailments)
  • Nov 26, 2012, 05:08 AM
    tickle
    As long as your dog is basically healthy, and has all regular vaccinations and you take good care of your pet, then not excluding ailments that may appear from activities of daily living (dogs are susceptible to many things humans are) then you should not have to worry.

Looking after a dog is an act of love for most people; accepting them for companionship and well being. If you can't do this, then there is no sense in acquiring a dog for a pet.

You could get a cat; your seem to be trepeditious of acquiring a dog, therefore all the questions ?
  • Nov 26, 2012, 05:35 AM
    pandu1089
    Quote:

As long as your dog is basically healthy, and has all regular vaccinations and you take good care of your pet, then not excluding ailments that may appear from activities of daily living (dogs are susceptible to many things humans are) then you should not have to worry.

Looking after a dog is an act of love for most people; accepting them for companionship and well being. If you can't do this, then there is no sense in acquiring a dog for a pet.

You could get a cat; your seem to be trepeditious of acquiring a dog, therefore all the questions ?

Nope I don't like cats. As I was a first time pet owner and experiencing the death of my first pet it's natural about being trepeditious when acquiring a second pet. Having knowledge about everything about the dog would be necessary. It will prepare me for facing any kind of future problems.