Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Dentistry (
-   -   Tooth ache problems (

  • Apr 5, 2015, 06:29 PM
    Tooth ache problems
    It looks like my tooth is growing into my gums. It's not a wisdom tooth either and it hurts bad. I don't have dental insurance anymore so going to a dentist will be costly for me. I have tried using salt water but that' didn't do anything and I use toothpaste that has baking soda in it. Is there another way I can stop this pain in my tooth without going to the dentist?
  • Apr 5, 2015, 06:36 PM
    Unfortunately you will have to see a dentist to rule out infection.

    Try ray to find out if there are any dental schools in your area. If you have a local health department they may also have dental services.
  • Apr 5, 2015, 07:24 PM
    All right I'll look some up. Thank you.
  • Apr 5, 2015, 07:28 PM
    All pain relief is merely a temp fix. The local drug stores sell gels that may stop pain for a hour or two. But this is only to allow time to get into your dentist.

    If there is a gum issue with the tooth, going to the dentist is the only thing. Also most people do not have dental insurance and have to work out payment plans with the dentist.
  • Apr 6, 2015, 09:15 AM
    I would hazard a guess and say you have a serious periodontal problem going on there. No, your tooth isn't growing into your gums, your gum around the tooth is swollen probably because you have an infection at the base of the tooth which has no where to go but up and will build up until you can't stand the discomfort any longer.

    See a dentist Immediately before it escalates.

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15 AM.