Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   The Ignorance of Trump Rattles the World. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=833808)

• Aug 12, 2017, 06:52 AM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Hitler was the mouse that marched into the Rhineland . sigh ...history ;rinse and repeat .

So you think Kim will march into South Korea, The Rhineland was not defended, South Korea is. Kim is no Hitler, he is a petty dictator more like El Duce. Kim has been told, make a mistake and you are on your own
  • Aug 13, 2017, 02:28 AM
    smoothy
    The ignorance of the lefties it what rattles the world. It's their limitless ignorance that causes wars and general trouble everywhere.

Incidentally it's your hero Bill Clinton that gave them a reactor to the Pillsborouh Dough boys father, and what exactly did your other hero Obummer accomplish in 8 long years? Didn't hear you ranting then.
  • Aug 13, 2017, 04:57 AM
    paraclete
    Don't think you are talking to me but know that I am no friend of the Clintons or the Obama's. I don't like the left anymore than I like the right and the likes of Bush and Trump. These people are all exploiters.
  • Aug 13, 2017, 06:21 AM
    tomder55
    The point is that Hilter in 1936 was not the Hitler of 1939 . He was weak and could've been easily defeated if the allied nations had enforced the terms of Versailles . They allowed him to build up to the point he became a threat .Kim may be a petty unstable dictator ...but we have allowed that regime to get to the point where they can be a threat to millions of people in the region ,and perhaps the western parts of the US .
  • Aug 13, 2017, 07:31 AM
    talaniman
    What should we have done, or been doing?
  • Aug 13, 2017, 04:55 PM
    paraclete
    You should have made NK your friend rather than you enemy in the same way you dealt with China
  • Aug 13, 2017, 09:18 PM
    talaniman
    They had their chance, and really so has China. Trump has said his piece and needs to shut up. China is NO friend. They are capitalist just like everybody else.
  • Aug 13, 2017, 10:54 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    They had their chance, and really so has China. Trump has said his piece and needs to shut up. China is NO friend. They are capitalist just like everybody else.

Let me explain this. China is not your enemy unless you choose to make them your enemy, your trade with them interlocks your economies. But trading with them doesn't mean they are not entitled to trade with others, and they trade with NK. China is not a capitalist nation, they are communist exploiting capitalism in as much as they have allowed western investment to a certain extent. Communism is a natural for China, for centuries they have had centralist rule. You cannot hold China responsible for NK, developments there have taken a very seriel path

I agree that Trump needs to shut up and it goes without saying so does Kim, neither one is productive. How a man like Trump could have lived so long and not have common sense is beyond me
  • Aug 14, 2017, 02:29 AM
    talaniman
    China has helped North Korea develop its military in all phase for many decades and the fact they are communist has nothing to do with the geo politics other than keeping NK as a viable buffer for western encroachment. They have total control over the actions of NK and want them to have nukes. They are the ones who installed the NK'n government into power in the first place, and they are the power that keeps Kim in power now.

• Aug 14, 2017, 08:49 AM
    tomder55
    Quote:

China is not your enemy unless you choose to make them your enemy
    and you accept all their sovereignty violations ,treaty violations ,territorial violations ,their theft of technology and on and on . Tell India they are China's enemy because China provoked them . Tell the Philippines ,and just about any other neighbor of them.
  • Aug 14, 2017, 03:27 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    and you accept all their sovereignty violations ,treaty violations ,territorial violations ,their theft of technology and on and on . Tell India they are China's enemy because China provoked them . Tell the Philippines ,and just about any other neighbor of them.

No, I don't have to accept anything and the same could be said of the US. India is a different case they actually have a contested border and shots fired, they have a common sense approach of not escalating a conflict. Tom, I understand what is possible and therefore what is needed is cool heads. Yes the US could take NK out in a nuclear blast but the consequences even for the US are emmense. If Kim attacks you then we expect you to react
  • Aug 14, 2017, 03:45 PM
    tomder55
    the contested border is land they plundered from Bhutan .Simply stated ;if China takes control of the "disputed " territory around India's Siliguri Corridor ,they can cut off India from it's northeastern states . The current crisis emerged because the Chinese are building a road in Bhutan close to the Siliguri Corridor so they can move troops into the area quicker .
  • Aug 14, 2017, 04:30 PM
    excon
    Hello:

The tipping point came when he GOT a bomb.. Which one of the 10 or so presidents we've had since then DIDN'T do anything??? I'll tell ya.. NONE of 'em, and SOME of 'em were Republicans.. So, WHO let him get nukes is academic.

Since he HAS them, we either accept that he's a member of the nuclear club, or start WW III over it. Talking softly and carrying a big stick hasn't worked for 50 years.. So, MAYBE Trumps bluster will do the trick.. I'm willing to let him try. It can't get much worse.

excon
  • Aug 14, 2017, 09:38 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by excon View Post

Since he HAS them, we either accept that he's a member of the nuclear club, or start WW III over it. Talking softly and carrying a big stick hasn't worked for 50 years.. So, MAYBE Trumps bluster will do the trick.. I'm willing to let him try. It can't get much worse.

excon

Ex, Trump's bluster only makes the situation, any situation, worse. He should choose his words more carefully, you can present the same message in a different way
  • Aug 15, 2017, 06:04 AM
    talaniman
    Any preemptive strike on NKorea, is just as stupid as them attacking anybody including SKorea. Did a war start when the Israeli's bombed an Iranian nuclear facility? Just asking.
  • Aug 15, 2017, 07:28 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Ex, Trump's bluster only makes the situation, any situation, worse.

Hello clete:

Kim BACKED down.. Is it because Trump called his bluff?? Look.. I HATE that orange bastard, but after 50 years of being "diplomatic", I woulda sent Kim the same message..

Of course, that's why I'm NOT president..

excon
  • Aug 15, 2017, 08:03 AM
    talaniman
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and I have to agree Trump should have told Kim he would get his a$$ kicked if he attacked any of America's peeps. The Chinese told Kim he was on his own if he attacked anybody, so the ball is in Kim's court. You think he's a fool or what?

He shoots stuff in the water, we fly over his head with our stuff. The little dog better stay on his own porch when the big dog comes around.
  • Aug 15, 2017, 09:27 AM
    tomder55
    In the meantime his nuke and missile program progresses to the point of no return . What would I do ?

Support this organization for one thing .
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighte...ee_North_Korea
  • Aug 15, 2017, 10:06 AM
    talaniman
    My way doesn't/hasn't stopped his progress. Neither will/has yours Tom, nor have the people of NKorea made a bit of difference. Looks like Kim will get nukes. You can live in fear until he decides to blow your a$$ away, or you can just live.
  • Aug 15, 2017, 10:29 AM
    tomder55
    NO the world can live in fear because Non-proliferation no longer existsIt's not that the Kim's of the world can take shots at us. It's that they can take shots at other countries who will have no choice but to develop their own as a deterrent . 196 counties ,many of them failed states ,and even non-state actors all possessing them . Think about that . Yeah I'll be stoic from now on .

Quote:

But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud
    For man's been endowed with a mushroom-shaped cloud
    And we know for certain that some lovely day
    Someone will set the spark off
    And we will all be blown away!!
    'The Merry Minuet '

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvs_qTnUHMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDFqoReof6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frAEmhqdLFs