Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Radio star approved as NFL owner (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=405866)

• Oct 15, 2009, 09:59 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    That is your guys defense for all racist comments it satire. Sorry it isn't.

OK, get me the transcript, not the sound bites.
  • Oct 15, 2009, 10:13 AM
    spitvenom

I showed the racist comment speech you can disprove it.
  • Oct 15, 2009, 10:21 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    When did Rush say "that nigger sucks?"

Hello Steve:

You missed my point.. I thought you were smarter than that... Or is it that you don't have an argument, so you decide to deflect the conversation instead... Well, I don't know and I don't care. You KNOW what I meant.

excon
  • Oct 15, 2009, 10:24 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I showed the racist comment speech you can disprove it.

OK, how about a complete sentence then?
  • Oct 15, 2009, 10:25 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Steve:

You missed my point.. I thought you were smarter than that... Or is it that you don't have an argument, so you decide to deflect the conversation instead... Well, I dunno and I don't care. You KNOW what I meant.

I get your point and it's wrong. He never said anything remotely close to that.
  • Oct 15, 2009, 10:46 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Hello again, Steve:

NO, you don't. And, I'm tired of the deflection, and the spin. It was said above that certain comments couldn't be racist because they weren't directed at the person being discussed. They were directed at the media...

So, the point of the poster is, I think it was Elliot, apparently one can say racist things ABOUT someone and it ISN'T racist, but it IS racist when it's directed AT the person...

So, I DEBUNKED that stupid argument by bringing up a very racist comment to a 3rd person and asked whether THOSE racist comments were cool, too because they weren't directed at the person. It sailed by you TWICE.

Want to try for a third time?

excon
  • Oct 15, 2009, 11:08 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

NO, you don't. And, I'm tired of the deflection, and the spin. It was said above that certain comments couldn't be racist because they weren't directed at the person being discussed. They were directed at the media...

So, the point of the poster is, I think it was Elliot, apparently one can say racist things ABOUT someone and it ISN'T racist, but it IS racist when it's directed AT the person...

I didn't get that interpretation at all out of Elliot's remarks. Especially since he made it quite clear, "They disparaged the MEDIA for giving McNabb more credit than he deserved AT THAT POINT IN HIS CAREER solely because he was black." Rush didn't direct a "racist comment" at the media or anyone else, he was commenting on political correctness.

Quote:

So, I DEBUNKED that stupid argument by bringing up a very racist comment to a 3rd person and asked whether THOSE racist comments were cool, too because they weren't directed at the person. It sailed by you TWICE.
    No, I still get your point quite clear. Mine is he never said anything remotely as inflammatory as you portrayed it - regardless of your point. You took it to a whole other level, you exaggerated wildly, you purposely tried to make it seem far worse than it was, and that's the spin.
  • Oct 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
    speechlesstx

FYI, Tony Dungy weighed in and he was of course a voice of reason, "I don't like it when people say, 'Because of this, he shouldn't be allowed to do that ... because of the way this guy looks, because of the way he sounds, because of his political bent, that he shouldn't allowed to own a team.' And that's something that the 28 owners should decide and not the general public."
  • Oct 15, 2009, 02:16 PM
    ETWolverine
    Quote:

Hello again, Elliot:

So, if I said to tom, that nigger sucks, that wouldn't be racist because I addressed tom and not the black guy????? You guys are really, really bonkers....

You too, are as racist as the limp one is, as evidenced by your comment. So, I guess "it takes one to know one" doesn't work here.

excon

That's not what I said. You obviously have lost your ability to READ as well as think.

Rush never said anything remotely like what you posted. He never called McNabb the N-word. He never said that McNabb wasn't a good player. What he said was that McNabb hadn't earned his spurs in the NFL yet, and that all the accolaids he was receiving from the media were UNDESERVED, and that he was receiving them solely because he was black.

Seems to me that YOU are the racist for using the N-word. Even if you were using that racist word to criticize racism where you claim to see it.

In fact... you are about as racist as Rush Limbaugh is.

Rush said that the MEDIA was being racist, stated where they were being racits, and got called a racist for it. You are criticizing me as a racist... and even used the N-word.

How does it feel to be called a racist for criticizing the racism of others?

You and Rush are the same...

Sux being you doesn't it.

Elliot
  • Oct 16, 2009, 08:31 AM
    speechlesstx
    With the damage already done, Huffpo retracted the false quotes used in the Rush witch hunt.

Rick Sanchez of CNN gave a half-a$$ed apology on Twitter. Did he mean it or did he just not want Rush reminding people of his little DUI incident that resulted in the death of a pedestrian any more?

Lastly, in February of last year Gary Kamiya told us it was OK for whites to vote for Obama because he's black. I'm sure it was just as OK for mainstream white media types to want McNabb to succeed because he's black... it just wasn't OK for anyone to say so.

I hope you Rush haters out there are patting yourselves on the back today, I just really, really hope George Soros is part of the Checketts group. Can't wait to see the how THAT test turns out.
  • Oct 16, 2009, 08:37 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Quote:

Hello again, Steve:

Want to try for a third time?

excon

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    That's not what I said. You obviously have lost your ability to READ as well as think.

Rush never said anything remotely like what you posted. He never called McNabb the N-word.

Hello again, El:

My post appeared right above yours... And, I'M the one who can't read??

Oy vey!

excon
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:02 AM
    speechlesstx
    Sorry, but I can't let my last post disappear that easily at the end of the previous page. I'd sure like some comment on the retractions coming out now.
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:04 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Sorry, but I can't let my last post disappear that easily at the end of the previous page. I'd sure like some comment on the retractions coming out now.

Hello again, Steve:

You aren't talking to me, cause I never denied it was a witch hunt. It was, and it was wonderful.

excon
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:08 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Hello again, Steve:

You aren't talking to me, cause I never denied it was a witch hunt. It was, and it was wonderful.

Ah, so you ARE a fan of witch hunts, that's good to know. In that case... Obama is toast.
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:23 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Ah, so you ARE a fan of witch hunts, that's good to know.

Hello again, Steve:

I am a fan of witch hunts, when the victim happens to be the biggest witch hunter of all. THAT's what I find so delicious.

But, as long we we're recriminating... How come you didn't comment on my observation that if the drugster has such a good handle on the political culture, how come he didn't anticipate the firestorm about this bid?? Unless he's totally oblivious, he's got to have known that it would engender the kind of response it has...

But, he apparently didn't. What's up with that?

excon
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:27 AM
    tomder55

What he didn't know was the charge would be led by those citing phony fabricated quotations.
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:37 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    what he didn't know was the charge would be led by those citing phony fabricated quotations.

Hello again, tom:

So, the fabricator in chief was surprised that people would fabricate about him?? Dude! And, you STILL think he has his hand on the pulse of America?? Sara Palin has a better feel about America, than the limp one does.

excon
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:49 AM
    ETWolverine

You still haven't been able to cite something that Rush "fabricated".

Or a comment that he made that was racist.

Even those who screwed him over are admitting that they made it all up.

But YOU are still harping on the fact that RUSH is a racist and a liar.

And you think that RUSH is the one who has no contact with reality...

Elliot
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:56 AM
    tomder55

Turns out that NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith served as counsel to AG Eric Holder and was a member of Obama's transition team.
    Smith of course was very outspoken against the bid to purchase the Rams by Rush .

Word to Smith . The NFL CBA is coming up soon and what he should be worrying about is a lockout by the owners... and not who the owners are. Liberal owners will also lock you out. I'm sure the players he represents are more concerned with green $$$$ than black and white.
  • Oct 16, 2009, 09:58 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    But YOU are still harping on the fact that RUSH is a racist and a liar.

Hello again, Elliot:

I am, and I'm loving every minute of it.

excon