Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Obama calls Kanye West a 'Jackass' (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=396604)

• Sep 15, 2009, 09:57 AM
    George_1950
    Obama calls Kanye West a 'Jackass'
    I decided some time back to suspend posting here, but I couldn't resist this:

Obama calls Kanye 'jackass' - Patrick Gavin

Bwe he he

You should understand that someone didn't want little ol' me calling Obama the 'jackass-in-chief'. It is quite an acceptable term, one that Obama has done nothing to disabuse himself from.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 10:03 AM
    tomder55

If the shoe fits wear it.

However ,the President must have more important things to deal with.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 10:55 AM
    ETWolverine

Is Obama giving his opinion again on issues that have nothing to do with his job?

Didn't the fallout after the Gates event teach him anything?

He happens to be right on this one. West IS a jackass. But it ain't Obama's job to make statements on this issue.

I wish he's stick to doing his job.

Then there's the claim that Obama's comments about Kanye West were supposed to be "off the record".

So... Obama had an "open mike" incident... sort of.

There's another lesson he hasn't learned from the past... that there's no such thing as "off the record" for a public figure, especially the President or a Presidential Candidate.

It's a lesson OTHERS could afford to learn as well, so this is not exclusively a criticism of Obama.

Elliot
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:05 AM
    spitvenom

I'll take that open mike moment over someone talking about his boys dripping down someone's leg while they walk up and down steps.

Kayne is a Jackass but he is a hip hop genius!
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:10 AM
    artlady

We agree on many things,the Prez and I but I have to say this time he dropped the ball.
    He should be dubbed a rude jackass.That is more succinct.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:13 AM
    NeedKarma
    Kanye IS a jackass. On this we agree. He needs autotune to sing.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:21 AM
    George_1950
    Quote:

Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    We agree on many things,the Prez and I but I have to say this time he dropped the ball.
    He should be dubbed a rude jackass.That is more succinct.

Hi artlady: I like you.
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:23 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post

George is picking up chicks on AMHD!
  • Sep 15, 2009, 11:42 AM
    excon
    Hello George:

Glad you're back.. The righty's need some help.

excon
  • Sep 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
    earl237
    He is just looking for attention and sadly he got it. So many people get atttention for the wrong reasons.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 06:14 AM
    tomder55

Revisions...
    1. This was an open mike moment so the President wasn't aware his comments would become part of the public record.
    2. There is speculation in the music blogsphere that the whole incident was staged .
    Photo Of The Day: Kanye Brings The Drama, But Was It Scripted?
  • Sep 16, 2009, 06:26 AM
    NeedKarma
    Interesting theory considering that Kanye apologized for it afterwards.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 10:20 AM
    ETWolverine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Interesting theory considering that Kanye apologized for it afterwards.

Since when does apologizing for soemthing matter... it didn't for Joe Wilson. According to Maurine Dowd, Wilson is a racist, and it would seem that his statement of "you lied" was pre-planned and deliberate, even though he apologized to the President and the apology was accepted.

So... Kanye West's outburst COULDN'T have been planned because he apologized for it.

But Wilson's outburst was a deliberate, planned act of racism, even though he apologized for it.

Look, I'm not saying that the Kanye West thing WAS planned. I have no idea. What I have an issue with is your double-standard on apologies, what they must mean, and how they should be taken.

Elliot
  • Sep 16, 2009, 10:23 AM
    NeedKarma
    Yea, that's exactly it!
  • Sep 16, 2009, 10:56 AM
    spitvenom

I think Kayne had it planned that if anyone but Beyonce (SP?) won he was going to get up and act like a child (it is what he does second best). I don't think MTV had anything to do with it. Plus he was drinking a bottle of hennessy while walking the red carpet. Maybe a little liquid courage.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 11:56 AM
    ETWolverine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I think Kayne had it planned that if anyone but Beyonce (SP?) won he was going to get up and act like a child (it is what he does second best). I don't think MTV had anything to do with it. Plus he was drinking a bottle of hennessy while walking the red carpet. Maybe a little liquid courage.

I thought that "blame it on the alchohol" was Jamie Foxx's song, not Kanye's.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 01:25 PM
    spitvenom
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    I thought that "blame it on the alchohol" was Jamie Foxx's song, not Kanye's.

Kayne is a rapper he just sampled it from Jamie Foxx!!
  • Sep 16, 2009, 07:17 PM
    artlady
    Quote:

Thanks! What's not to like :eek:
  • Sep 16, 2009, 07:34 PM
    zippit

One thing about it having the president of the united states call you a jack-a** has got to sting!
    Obama should have better things to do
  • Sep 16, 2009, 08:25 PM
    artlady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    one thing about it having the president of the united states call you a jack-a** has got to sting!
    obama should have better things to do

Hay someone asked him a question,he made a comment ,its not like he had a press conference !
  • Sep 16, 2009, 08:34 PM
    ohsohappy
    Quote:

Hay someone asked him a question,he made a comment ,its not like he had a press conference !

I agree! Just because he's the president doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to speak his mind, albeit with tact, but he's an american like every one of us, and he has that right. I think people should get off his case, he was just saying what everyone else was thinking. Good lord, people make an opion into MUCH more then it needs to be, wo give a S*** if it was the president who was giving that opinion. Jeez!
  • Sep 16, 2009, 08:44 PM
    artlady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    i agree! Just because he's the president doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to speak his mind, albiet with tact, but he's an american like every one of us, and he has that right. I think people should get off his case, he was just saying what everyone else was thinking. Good lord, people make an opion into much more then it needs to be, wo give a s*** if it was the president who was giving that opinion. Jeez!

Dig that!:d
  • Sep 16, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    one thing about it having the president of the united states call you a jack-a** has got to sting!
    obama should have better things to do

Shouldn't we all?

I find it funny that most of you are saying he should stick to his job and stop
    Commenting on things that don't concern him.

Isn't that what we're doing?

Since when is it not okay to call a jacka$$ a jacka$$?

Just wondering.
  • Sep 16, 2009, 08:48 PM
    ohsohappy
    Quote:

dig that!:d

THanks! :) I call it like I see it!
  • Sep 16, 2009, 08:49 PM
    ITstudent2006

Personally I don't see anythign wrong with Obama saying this. To all the people who think that he is more important things to do, you're right but keep in mind he didn't stay up all night researching this and wasteing time. It took him 5 seconds to say. Kanye West is a Jackass, that's it, we all have more important things to worry about then Kanye West and Taylor Swift but hey if it takes 5 seconds to say who cares. As long as that's where he leaves it and doesn't dig deeper.

Rick
  • Sep 16, 2009, 10:20 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Yeah well he got that one right
  • Sep 17, 2009, 12:56 AM
    artlady
    Quote:

Are you the George from ask me years ago?
    I was Mitz54 ?
  • Sep 17, 2009, 12:59 AM
    artlady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Shouldn't we all?

commenting on things that don't concern him.

Just wondering.

Don't you want a real person? Give me a break. I love him,he's my man :p
  • Sep 19, 2009, 03:58 PM
    twinkiedooter

Obama has no class. He never did. What do you expect to come out of the mouth of a guttersnipe anyway?

Hello George. Welcome back.
  • Sep 19, 2009, 09:06 PM
    artlady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Obama has no class. He never did. What do you expect to come out of the mouth of a guttersnipe anyway?

Hello George. Welcome back.

WHY would you call Obama a guttersnipe?
    The definition of guttersnipe is :
    A child who spends most of his time in the streets especially in slum areas.
    I am shocked that you would say something so derogatory.
  • Sep 19, 2009, 09:10 PM
    ohsohappy

I agree Artlady: he's sitting there saying that Obama has no class, yet here he is using derogatory language. Hypocrite much.
  • Sep 19, 2009, 09:12 PM
    artlady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Shouldn't we all?

commenting on things that don't concern him.

Just wondering.

It was recorded without his knowledge,he was just being real,heaven forbid he should be real! Or have an opinion or know right from wrong PLEASE!
    Lets go back to the zombie Bush who could not speak unless he had Cheneys hand up his butt doing his puppet act! :eek:
  • Sep 19, 2009, 09:16 PM
    artlady
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    I agree Artlady: he's sitting there saying that Obama has no class, yet here he is using derogatory language. hypocrite much.

I hear you oh so! Crazy world!:rolleyes:
  • Sep 20, 2009, 02:36 AM
    tomder55
    Quote:

WHY would you call Obama a guttersnipe?
    The definition of guttersnipe is :
    A child who spends most of his time in the streets especially in slum areas.
    I am shocked that you would say something so derogatory.
    Quote:

It was recorded without his knowledge,he was just being real,heaven forbid he should be real! Or have an opinion or know right from wrong PLEASE!
    Lets go back to the zombie Bush who could not speak unless he had Cheneys hand up his butt doing his puppet act! :eek:
    That's what I like... consistency .

His guard was down because he did not know the mike was live . Hardly being "real" .
    Nixon's tapes prove that in unguarded moments most Presidents turn out to be more "real" .

The President has not proven himself to be any more articulate without the aid of TOTUS (teleprompter) then President Bush was.
    YouTube - Obama Gaffe
  • Sep 20, 2009, 03:58 AM
    Catsmine
    I will give Mr. Obama this: He's an equal opportunity insulter. He didn't pull his punches any more for a hip-hop artist than he did for the Harvard cops. Now we wait to see if he invites Kanye up for a beer.
  • Sep 20, 2009, 09:00 AM
    ohsohappy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That's what I like .....consistency .

His guard was down because he did not know the mike was live . Hardly being "real" .
    Nixon's tapes prove that in unguarded moments most Presidents turn out to be more "real" .

The President has not proven himself to be any more articulate without the aid of TOTUS (teleprompter) then President Bush was.
    YouTube - Obama Gaffe

Haha this was funny. Everyone makes mistakes when they're speaking. I see no reason to make a big deal out of it. We can't expect Mr. Obama to be perfect. He is human, correct?
  • Sep 20, 2009, 09:22 AM
    excon
    Hello again:

The TRUTH is NEVER a gaffe.

excon
  • Sep 20, 2009, 10:34 AM
    inthebox

For once, I agree with Obama :)

I wonder why this is not a racist or sexist issue ? In any case the good thing that came of it is the real class that Beyonce showed . ;)

G&P
  • Sep 20, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Catsmine
    As Conan O'brien put it:

This is the first time since "Yes we can" that the President has come up with something that most of the American people can get behind.

Edit: I had to paraphrase O'brien
  • Sep 20, 2009, 11:09 AM
    shazamataz

You guys are going off because your president called someone a "jackass"

Seriously?