Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   How about that Sarah Palin? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=417153)

• Dec 4, 2009, 08:47 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I mean, truly, if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama’s past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?

Hello again, tom:

Seems to me, she's saying, that if the press unfairly screwed me, then it's OK if the press unfairly screws him.

That doesn't sound too presidential.. Sounds like an angry woman who wants to get EVEN.

excon
  • Dec 4, 2009, 08:51 AM
    tomder55

I have to ask Katie Couric and the rest of the dinosaur media if they think their inquiry into Palin's family was a "screwing " . Deep down I bet they do .
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:08 AM
    excon
    Quote:

I have to ask Katie Couric and the rest of the dinosaur media if they think their inquiry into Palin's family was a "screwing " . Deep down I bet they do .

Hello again, tom:

What THEY think isn't germane to the self serving and mean spirited attitude she exhibited in her statement...

SHE thinks they screwed her, so SHE thinks it's just fine that they screw Obama. Deflect it all you wish, but THAT is what's important here - not what the media thinks.

excon
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:21 AM
    tomder55

Nothing mean spirited about it at all . That's the way the game is played.. right ? A Republican's children are fair game but Obama's daughters and before that Chelsea Clinton were out of bounds.

She points out the hypocrisy but she's the mean spirited one ?
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:26 AM
    NeedKarma
    Apparently Palin has no problems introducing her children as accessories during a campaign:
    Sarah Palin on Abortion
    Quote:

Q: Do you think that we should talk about birth control with our teenage sons and daughters?A: Yes. Use me as the example of why you should, even more admittedly. My daughter, of course she is 18 years old, but has really been forced to grow up very quickly now and starting her own family and you know, life has changed so quickly for her. But if we can use this, and if my daughter Bristol can use her story as a kind of teaching tool for others, then so be it. Let us do that.
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:28 AM
    excon
    Quote:

She points out the hypocricy but she's the mean spirited one ?

Hello again, tom;

Nope, you're missing it once again...

To POINT OUT the hypocrisy WOULD be presidential... But, to INDULGE in it, and to wish it upon Obama and his family, is nothing BUT mean.

excon
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:36 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by excon View Post
    To POINT OUT the hypocrisy WOULD be presidential... But, to INDULGE in it, and to wish it upon Obama and his family, is nothing BUT mean.

Where did she INDULGE in it? Where did she WISH on him the kind of relentless scrutiny she still faces?
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:38 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Apparently Palin has no problems introducing her children as accessories during a campaign:
    Sarah Palin on Abortion

Using her daughter's example as a LESSON for others is not using her as an accessory.
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:47 AM
    excon
    Quote:

I mean, truly, if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama’s past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Where did she INDULGE in it? Where did she WISH on him the kind of relentless scrutiny she still faces?

Hello again, Steve:

If you don't get the implications of her statement above, and it can't be more clear, then you're not going to get it no matter what I say.

excon
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:53 AM
    tomder55

I think she's correct. Obama got a free pass by the press and now the whole 4th Estate wonders why he isn't the President they thought he'd be.
  • Dec 4, 2009, 09:53 AM
    excon

Quote:

I mean, truly, if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama's past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?

Hello again, Steve:

Ok, maybe I SHOULD spell it out for you guys, because you're NOT going to get it, even if the words are right in front of your face.

IF she said that nobody's kids should be fair game, THAT would be presidential... THAT would be showing leadership. That would be putting herself ABOVE the fray. THAT would have been GOOD.

But, she didn't say that... She said that whatever you did to me, you should also do to Obama... THAT, my friend, IS indulging in it, and it's MEAN as hell.

excon
  • Dec 4, 2009, 10:39 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by excon View Post
    But, she didn't say that... She said that whatever you did to me, you should also do to Obama... THAT, my friend, IS indulging in it, and it's MEAN as hell.

Tom, Steve, whoever :D

For a guy who likes to chastise us for reading stuff into things you sure like to do the same.