Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Bread and Circuses (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=849375)

• Jul 22, 2022, 11:37 AM
    tomder55
    It is C/P of testimony fed to an audience to advance a predetermined conclusion . A real hearing would've had opposition members selected by the minority party questioning the witnesses ;not hand picked by the majority based on their hatred of Trump.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 11:42 AM
    Wondergirl
    Both repubs and dems are giving personal testimony (along with videos, photos, recordings, and text messages) as per the rules of a hearing. Arguments/cross examinations occur during a trial.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 12:04 PM
    tomder55
    All you are really saying in your comments is that this is the show trial I have stated it was .

Every Congressional hearing until now allows the minority party members to question witnesses and present their case . [See for reference The Minority Witness Rule of the House . ]

Of course in this case the minority party was not permitted to even seat a Representative chosen by the party . The 2 Repubs(of 9 total committee members ) on the committee were hand picked by Madam Mimi based on their hatred of Trump and their vote to impeach Trump after the riot . There is no due process . The supposition is that if it hurts Trump it must be true . If it helps him it must be a lie.

Madam Mimi gave direction to the Committee as if she were the Red Queen ,sentence first verdict afterwards .
  • Jul 22, 2022, 12:19 PM
    Wondergirl
    It. Is. Not. A. Trial!!! Minority party members are testifying at these hearings. Arguments will come later. Apparently you've never baked a cake from scratch.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 12:50 PM
    jlisenbe
    Arguments will come later? When?

The repubs were not able to select their own reps. The repubs have not been allowed to cross examine witnesses. You really think this is a respectable hearing?

Which witnesses were the repubs allowed to call? Which repubs testified at the hearings?

Where is the real time video you referred to of Trump, "Sitting there seething and snorting, his bp rising, furious because he couldn't be with "his" people?" You claim you have superior skills in doing web research. Time to see some, don't you think?

Quote:

,sentence first verdict afterwards .
    Exactly correct.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 12:59 PM
    tomder55
    Quote:

Minority party members are testifying at these hearings
    you mean witnesses , If you compare it to a trial it would be if all the jurors were selected based on the assumption that the defendant is guilty . I am saying there is no REAL opposition members of the other party in the committee . You saw the Watergate hearings . There were 4 Dems and 3 Repubs . All 3 Repubs advocated for Nixon . Trump has no advocates on the committee at all

It is by all definitions a show trial . They have already predetermined Trump's guilt . Many of them have openly stated that their intention is to see he never is permitted to run for President again.

I don't know where you are going with the cake comment . Suffice it to say I have made dozens of cakes from scratch and it you extend the comparison to my former career in pharmaceutical manufacturing ,I was following recipes on a daily basis .

You are playing semantics with the word trial . Ok A congressional hearing is not a "trial" . It is fact finding . This committee has a predetermined conclusions that they are supporting by cherry picking facts . We don't hear from all the witnesses .We only here from the ones that support the narrative they want to present .

It is a sham any way you look at it
  • Jul 22, 2022, 01:05 PM
    Wondergirl
    It will be up to the repubs to counter this and testify at their own hearings that Trump is above reproach.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 01:34 PM
    tomder55
    When the Repubs are the majority in January I am sure there will be more hearings . Unlike this one ,they won't be stacked without an opposing member of Congress .

The problem with this committee is that it has subpoena powers and can make recommendations to the AG for prosecution . Steve Bannon was found guilty today of Contempt of Congress for defying this kangaroo court's subpoena . He will most likely serve jail time for his defiance. So this goes well beyond so called fact finding .
  • Jul 22, 2022, 02:06 PM
    Wondergirl
    I hope Bannon is given a sudsy shower before he goes to prison.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 02:50 PM
    jlisenbe
    You have a bad habit of making claims you cannot support. You claimed months ago that you could make a legal case for immigration. You have not done so. You claimed there were videos of Trump watching the 1/6 demonstration. So far, nada. You claimed this today. "Both repubs and dems are giving personal testimony." You have presented no examples. You have claimed to be practically a world expert at using the internet. So far, not so much.

You sure do act like a liberal dem!!! (<:
  • Jul 22, 2022, 02:51 PM
    tomder55
    I have no doubt he will come out of jail a winner ,This will be seen by half the country as an injustice by a partisan DOJ ,being done on political opponents .The Madam Mimi star chamber * deemed him guilty .

[*The Star Chamber became synonymous with social and political oppression through the arbitrary use and abuse of the power it wielded.]

Bannon's crime ? He refused to participate in the charade
  • Jul 22, 2022, 02:55 PM
    Wondergirl
    He is one of the most two-faced, creepiest politicians I've ever seen. Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 03:55 PM
    tomder55
    yeah he's ugly and a political strategist . Reminds me alot of James Carville .
  • Jul 22, 2022, 04:14 PM
    Wondergirl
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FX9X_F1W...jpg&name=small
  • Jul 22, 2022, 04:35 PM
    tomder55
    https://i.chzbgr.com/full/7586050048...ks-like-gollum
  • Jul 22, 2022, 05:09 PM
    Wondergirl
    Carville is ancient history. Bannon is now.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 05:17 PM
    tomder55
    not really

Hillary Clinton Is Running For President Again? - FITSNews
  • Jul 22, 2022, 05:35 PM
    Wondergirl
    Nope. I betcha a popular candidate will be Beto O’Rourke.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 06:21 PM
    jlisenbe
    Having no major accomplishments in his life, O'Rourke would be a great dem candidate in the grand tradition of BO, HC and JB.
  • Jul 22, 2022, 06:35 PM
    Wondergirl
    He's smart, he's handsome, he's well-spoken, he's young, and he has kept his sanity in a very politically polarized state, a seriously partisan state.