Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Like Bill, Hillary feels your pain (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=793929)

• Jun 17, 2014, 01:50 PM
    smoothy
    Softballs?... more like Nerfballs.
  • Jul 7, 2014, 08:24 AM
    tomder55
    Quote:

The Washington Free Beacon was informed this week that it has been banned from the University of Arkansas’ special collections archive, a sharp and somewhat unexpected response to the news group’s recent reporting on Hillary Clinton’s 1975 defense of an accused child rapist. …
    News organization banned from university's archives for researching Hillary Clinton: How will the rest of the media respond? | WashingtonExaminer.com

Even the Boston Globe thinks the Clintonoids at U of A have gone too far.
    U. Arkansas should keep Clinton records open even to Clinton critics - Editorials - The Boston Globe
  • Jul 8, 2014, 01:58 AM
    Tuttyd
    Tom, this is just another political beat-up. The rules a lawyer has to follow in regards to defending their client are extensive and prescriptive. It is not as simple as someone in the legal profession having a disposition to defending a person in society who frequents a particular repugnant aesthetic.

So Tom, these people know she has done something wrong in terms of legalese. If so tell us all about it.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 02:38 AM
    tomder55
    That would be the typical lawyer speak dodge. The fact is that she was bragging about her tactics ;especially how she brutalized the rape victim. That is why the Clintonoids are coming down so hard on the leak of the audio. The misogynistic left may excuse that lawyer tactic ,but they then should not be suprised when they get called out for their hypocrisy .
  • Jul 8, 2014, 03:12 AM
    Tuttyd
    Lawyer speak is all that counts in your legal and political arena. Just ask SCOTUS... that sums up the lawyer tactic.

Your whole political system is geared toward this end, yet you complain when some points this out. Tell us about some higher morality that manages to lift itself above all of this.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 04:37 AM
    tomder55
    the political reality is that if I was running against Evita ,I would use the audio tape over and over again in political ads ;especially if she tried to bring up the canard about a Republican "war against women" .
    Let her try to justify it as nothing more than 'lawyer speak" . She has a history of being a bully against women . We knew of that from her 'bimbo eruption' responses during Bubba's career . Now we know it goes back even further to the point of her bragging about brutalizing a rape victim on the witness stand .
  • Jul 8, 2014, 05:09 AM
    Tuttyd
    Yes, I have no doubt that the whole business was revolting and disgusting.

You were expecting something other than this to crawl out from under your political system?
  • Jul 8, 2014, 05:28 AM
    smoothy
    And your's like all the others are so perfect that this never ever happens?
  • Jul 8, 2014, 05:32 AM
    Tuttyd
    I thought I just acknowledged that this sort of awfulness is a reality.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 05:48 AM
    smoothy
    So why the need of saying "YOUR political system" when its endemic with every political system. At least the ones where the opposition isn't fed to starving dogs kept for that purpose.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 05:52 AM
    tomder55
    sunshine is the disinfectant no ? So the news organization ,doing it's proper role in a free country gets punished for the revelation.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 05:52 AM
    Tuttyd
    I only said it because it appears that some people don't know this, or don't care to know this.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 06:01 AM
    Tuttyd
    Yes, Tom I would say it is a good thing. The problem being that even a little bit of sunshine on the Ivy League causes a lot of wilting on the vine... if you know what I mean.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 06:41 AM
    talaniman
    A good gardener prunes the vine, a bad one cuts the whole thing down. Tom doesn't want a vine.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 06:58 AM
    tomder55
    what part of the vine is Evita on ?
  • Jul 8, 2014, 07:09 AM
    talaniman
    You aren't the gardener, and the electorate will decide if she goes, or stays. Depending on how the rest of the vine looks to them.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 08:37 AM
    speechlesstx
    Apparently Evita is supposed to look broke to them.

Hillary doubles down on being broke.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 08:51 AM
    tomder55
    Quote:

You aren't the gardener, and the electorate will decide if she goes, or stays. Depending on how the rest of the vine looks to them.
    We already know that the emperor is the gardener ....and he's already decided that the blonde hair blue eye native American is his heir apparent .
    This means Warren: Obama backs challenger to Hillary | New York Post
  • Jul 8, 2014, 09:57 AM
    talaniman
    The executive shares responsibility with the other branches of government. So say the founders.
  • Jul 8, 2014, 12:26 PM
    speechlesstx
    Shares, not dictates.